Thursday 17 July 2014

Walks - Sat. July 19 - Wed. July 23

So glad you could join us, Jim
 
Well, it is time to get organized for the weekend's walk so join us on Saturday morning, at Tim's, and again, I suggest a 7:30 start time especially if you are doing any distance over 10 km. According to Libby, this week:
Distances for upcoming racers...albeit a few! Ruth and Arlene are scheduled for 12K for the New Albany Half and Helen and Bob are scheduled for 12K for the Corning Half. Monday and Wednesday distances are 8 and 6 K for both races. The Midsummer group should aim for at least 10K to keep their fitness up!
 
And for some unknown reason, Eileen has talked me into 14 kms....so join in for whatever distance suits you. Why are we doing this, Eileen????
 
Mid-week evenings seem to be fading fast as many take advantage of the daytime options (when schedules permit). Please sign in so others know your plans.
 
Announcements:
from Rainer - Heads up .... May 2015 long weekend is the Cleveland race ...  very reasonable to register for the 10km (which is what Margy and I will be doing)  ...  10km now has a medal and a walker category .... and a half for those of you that like the longer distances ... Great deal ...anyone else want to do Cleveland ???
 
from Libby - Big Sur registration opened this week and I have committed to the 10.6 miler April 26, 2015(17.1 K )...any other takers for this stunning course?
Another walker friendly distance race is the Maui Oceanfront Marathon on January 18, 2015 with distances of marathon, half, 15 and 5 K.  Check it out at www.mauioceanfrontmarathon.com
 
I know, I know, it is hard to choose: Maui, Big Sur or Cleveland!
See you Saturday.
 


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo, Susan. I will not be out on Saturday. Jim will be going home early in the morning.

Regards,
SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'll be out Saturday for the first time in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing everyone, sorry to have missed meeting Jim.

Sheila

debbie said...

I'll be out Saturday at 7:30 for 5-6 km.

I'm back, after a wonderful time travelling with my daughters to London, Paris and Israel.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

P Dawn said...

I will be out at 7.30 tomorrow, for something less than 14k.

Welcome back Sheila and Debbie. Looking forward to catching up.

Anonymous said...

I will not be joining the walk tomorrow as I will not be back from the cottage in time....however I will have a walk and a swim here instead.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Happy walking everyone! I'm leaving town for the East Coast tomorrow so won't see y'all until the 3rd week in August!
I'll be doing some beach walking everyday! Cheers! Alexis

Ruth said...

I'll be out for 7:30 and I'm really sorry to have missed meeting Jim. Next time he comes, I will plan my schedule better.

Ruth

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Tim's for 12K on Saturday at (sigh) 7:30. See you there and then.

Libby said...

I will not make the Saturday walk this week.
Hope to see some of you on either Monday or Wednesday from Lou-Ann's

Trish said...

I will be walking with Cheryl and Ralph on Sunday from Brickworks. Plan is for 10k. Let me know if you want to join us. We will probably be walking next Sunday also as I am out of town Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 7:30, see you all there.
Leverne

Lou-Ann said...

Yahoooooo Debbie, Sheila and Ruth are back! I look forward to hearing about everyone's travels, cottaging and "work" or is that a dirty word! Great meeting you Jim and safe travels home...boohoo for Sharon. See you at 7:30 for whatever walk I do.
The Jazz at East Lynn Park Wednesday night was great, looking forward to next week's Jazz at East Lynn Park. First week I saw Denise and Paul (in the beer tent, of all places, and the second week I was in the beer tent and saw Nishe walking by), who would guess!

Helen said...

Just amending my comment to say that Bob and I will be starting a half hour earlier at *7 am* along with Eileen (and I think Susan). We'll likely be doing 14K along with them.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Debbie, we missed you.
See you tomorrow at 7.30,

Val

Anonymous said...

Monday night - anyone walking? I'll check the blog sometime after 5:00 pm to see when I get in from work. I'd love some company. If not, I'll go from home.
Susan

Olwyn said...

Welcome back, Debbie, Sheila and Ruth; and happy trails to everyone travelling! I'm back in town, but won't be out this week, as there's just too much going on! Will get my walks in when I can. See everyone next week when things settle down ~ Fun pics, Susan! Sharon, hope Jim made it home safe and sound!

Jan said...

I plan to be out tonight - camp did me no favours in the diet department.....

Anonymous said...

Great, Jan. - I'll see you at Loblaws at 7:00 pm

Susan

Jan said...

Helen and possibly Bob are coming too.

Jan said...

Helen and possibly Bob are coming too.

Helen said...

If you're still going out tonight, Susan, then Bob, Jan and I will probably be at Loblaws.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there....thanks....sj

Anonymous said...

Wednesday night - anyone walking? I can be at Occasions at 7:00 pm but would like to ensure others will be there too. Will check blog between 6 - 6:15 pm.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob and I plan to be out Wednesday evening.

Jan said...

I didn't walk this morning and my evening appointment cancelled so I will be out tonight, barring any unusual weather!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there. See you soon.
Susan