Thursday 10 July 2014

Walks - Sat. July 12 - Wed. July 16

One of life's small pleasures - coffee!
 
I know that some are travelling but some of us are still in town and just want to get out and walk, walk, walk. Join us on Saturday. I suggest two start times - you pick whatever suits you and the temperature/weather.  Let's meet at 7:30 for 8-16 km; and at 8:00 am for 6 or less. Sign in and let others know your plans.
 
Training: This week ramps up mileage for the New Albany Half to 16K on Saturday. The Corning racers are at a mere 10K. Weeknight distances are 8 and 8 for New Albany and 6 and 6 for Corning....we're up to that challenge.
 
Mid week locations on Monday and Wednesday vary. Check with Dawn or Lou-Ann for day time locations. Evening (if anyone is interested) is Loblaws and Occasions. Hope to see some of you out during the week.
 
Announcements from Eileen - I thought it would be of interest to some that there is a free concert next Wed evg at East Lynn Park Just west of Woodbine on the Danforth. A 17 piece Latin jazz band will be playing from 5 to 9pm.  Blankets to sit on or chairs are recommended. (Sounds like Eileen might be missing the Wednesday evening walk, again!)
 
See you Saturday.

 
 


13 comments:

Eileen said...

Cynthia and I will be out Saturday. I'm planning to do 12km.

Anonymous said...

Cute Pictures!
Not sure I'll do 12K maybe 10.
Cynthia

Olwyn said...

Great shots; love the one of Eileen sittin' in a tree! I'll be out Saturday morning to walk from Tim's - I'll aim for the 7:30am start... I'll be away next week, so won't be out until the week after. Cheers!

Libby said...

I'll be out with Arlene for 7:30 with an aim for 12K

Anonymous said...

I'll be out for 7:30 am (although last week, I slept in) and hope to go far!
Susan

P Dawn said...

I'll be out with Lou-Ann at 7.30. Distance TBD.....

I wondered what had happened to you last week, Susan.

Lou-Ann said...

As Dawn said I will be out for the 7:30 walk, good question Dawn, I never did hear where Susan was!!
You should have seen us getting Eileen in the tree and then out...no not really, just joking! The pool is nice and warm for those Monday and Wednesday morning walkers...

Lou-Ann said...

As Dawn said I will be out for the 7:30 walk, good question Dawn, I never did hear where Susan was!!
You should have seen us getting Eileen in the tree and then out...no not really, just joking! The pool is nice and warm for those Monday and Wednesday morning walkers...

Sharon KJ said...

Did lots of kilometers walking around Niagara today. Did hills, too! Should be out for 7:30. If I do not appear at the allotted time, carry on.

Real nice photos!

SKJ

Charlotte S said...

I will be at Tim's at 7:30 for some kind of distance...

Bob said...

I'll be out at Tim's at 7:30 sans Helen for some distance or other.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking tonight? from Loblaws? I'll check back by 6;40 to see. I can go if someone else will join me.
Susan

Helen said...

Geez, I'm completely disoriented from being away. Guess I won't be walking on Wednesday evening. See you Saturday, for whatever distance I need to catch up on.