Thursday 14 August 2014

Walks - Sat. Aug. 16 to Wed. Aug. 20

...so come and join us on Saturday, meeting at Tim's, at 7:30 am for Albany racers who have to do 20 kms, Corning racers (12 km) and Scotia Bank (14 km). Most, if not all the Scotia group are registered for the Midsummer’s race Saturday night so good luck to you all! Make us proud.

Weekday distances are 10 both days for Albany, and let’s say 7 and 6 for the other two groups.

Announcements:
from Rainer - Cavan race (Sept. 27th) registration had a price increase Thursday but it is still a great deal and the butter tarts are worth the effort of the hill! See the link on the blog to register.

from Libby: Next weekend is the Women’s Half Marathon in Sunnybrook Park on Sunday. Those registered should aim for 8-8K this weekend!

from Ruth who passed along a message from Lee Scott):  Open Streets Toronto! For 4 hours this Sunday (and Aug 31) Bloor Street from Spadina to Parliament and Yonge Street from Bloor to Queen are “open to people and closed to cars”! Join Lee at 8:15 am at “the hub” at Bloor and Spadina to enjoy the open streets for a power walk. It's such a great idea - the route will be 9.6 k.

from Lou-Ann - grab your chair, a bottle of your favourite, your best pot luck dish and join Lou-Ann and her good looking pool boy (she told me to say that) on Sat. Aug. 23 when they generously open their home and pool for the Shorethings annual pool gathering and afternoon delight!
Plan to arrive anytime after 1:00 pm.
See you Saturday.

 


24 comments:

Trish said...

Have a great walk Saturday whatever your distance. You were correct Susan - Cheryl, Eileen, Olwyn, Ralph and myself will be doing the Midsummer race Saturday afternoon.

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P Dawn said...

I will be at Tims for at 8.00 for a 6 - 8 walk.

Beautiful photo. Who took it, and is it the other night when we had that special moon? Can't remember if it was called 'super' moon or something like that. But it was spectacular.

Helen said...

I'll be out on Saturday at 7:30 (gasp) for (gasp) 12K, I hope -- still coughing and still weaving from time to time. If I bump into you, I know you'll excuse me.

Joan said...

I will be out at 8am for a 6 -8 as well. I just signed up for the Lee Scott workshops starting next week, really looking forward to that.

Olwyn said...

Thanks Susan; love the reflection on the water photo as well ~ Keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't rain too much during the Midsummer race tomorrow night!
Looking forward to Lou-Ann's with the good looking pool boy next Saturday ~ our pot-lucks are always fantastic. Happy walking!

Eileen said...

As Trish mentioned, I won't be out Saturday morning because I'm doing the midsummer night's run. Lee's walk on Sunday sounds like fun. Not sure if I'll do it though.

debbie said...

I'll be out at 8 am for 6-8 km.

Really looking forward to the pool & potluck at Lou-Ann's next weekend!

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out (again) on Saturday but do a few steps for me please. I hope the sun (I know Dawn thinks is it the moon)is shining on the pool like the cool photo next Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I probably will not make it tomorrow, Joe (husband) getting out of hospital today or tomorrow morning. He is not mobile, complete knee replacement, so I suppose I am the nurse for a few days!
Frances

Charlotte S said...

I will out Saturday for 6-8k at 8am. See you there. Have a good race, you Midsummer walkers!

Anonymous said...

Me too, 8 am.
Val

Ruth said...

I hope to make it for 7:30, though Arlene and I are postponing our long walk until Monday.

Good luck to everyone doing the Midsummer Race. One of my co-workers is a pace bunny, and is hoping that her bunny ears don't get too soggy.

Hope your husband is OK, Frances.

Anonymous said...

I'll aim for 7:30 am on Saturday and failing that, I'll aim for 8:00 am.

Hope your hubby is soon up and about, Frances.
Susan

Libby said...

To the Midsummer's crew...enjoy!
To the racers next Saturday...also good luck.
Won't make the walks or pool party as we are away until September.
See you then

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight or Wednesday as I am out of town. I"ll be back for Saturday though.

Helen said...

Bob and I hope to be out on Monday evening. If no one is walking from Loblaws, we'll probably walk from home. Let us know where you'll be.

Helen said...

Oops, wrote too soon. Looks like Bob and I won't make it to Loblaws for the walk tonight. We have an electrician in doing stuff for our front room. Will walk from home if we go out.

Anonymous said...

is anyone going tonight? Likely not. I'll check again but if no one has committed by 6:00 pm, I'll walk from home (likely).

Susan

Anonymous said...

ok - will walk from home, later....

Susan

Eileen said...

I plan to walk from Occasions tonight. Anyone else going?

Eileen said...

Dawn, the photo was of morning sunlight as I crossed the little bridge on the spit :). It was a beautiful morning!

Helen said...

Bob and I hope to walk from Occasions on Wednesday -- as long as no thunder and lightning impend.

Anonymous said...

I would love to walk tonight and would be delighted to have company.

see you soon.