Thursday 26 June 2014

Walking - Sat. June 28th - Wed. July 2

Debbie and her daughter Bonnie - beautiful!

Celebrating weddings is always special and this was especially so for Debbie. Mazel tov!

Let's gather on Saturday at Tim's - 7:30 am is my suggested start time just to avoid the heat. The distance for the New Albany group is 12K. Others, of course, may choose to do less (or more?).  Sign in and let others know your plans and your start time.

Weekday distances are 8 and 5 K respectively. Next week we add in the Corning Half schedule. When shall we meet during the first week of July?

Is anyone interested in walking Tuesday morning - Canada Day? I suggest Tim's again, Leslie & Lakeshore, at 8:00 am?
Announcements:
from Libby & Dawn: Some are interested in the Toronto Women’s 5/10K race August 23rd before the pool party. It is on a newly paved start area in Sunnybrook park. The trail is not closed to the public so may be crowed but it is only 5 or 10K.  Medals and T-shirt are included. The cost is $45 or $50 depending on distance and the price increases June 30th so do hurry up and commit! Seems like a good race requiring minimal training!
July races are a trail race Limberlost July 13 (a mere 14K on trails around five lakes) and closer to home, the Beaches Jazz Tune-up- July 27th.  Beaches race is in support of Toronto east General and registration is only $30 for any 5, 10 or 20K distance. 
A reminder as well to let Libby know of races you register for...Anyone else for Midsummer’s August 16th?
from the Toronto Island gang: We had a great time at Toronto Island last weekend. Thanks to all who helped organize it.
Travel safely and enjoy - to all those who are vacationing in the weeks ahead.
Welcome, Jim.
See you Saturday.



21 comments:

Joan said...

I will not make the weekend, plan to be in a lake with a beverage by noon of Friday. However, I will try to make it on Tuesday morning at 8am at Tim's.
Happy Canada Day everyone.

Anonymous said...

I will also be at a lake with a cold beer. Maybe see you Tuesday morning
Leverne

Helen said...

I will be in Buffalo looking at gardens on Saturday. Have a great walk!

Trish said...

I plan to be out Saturday morning. Distance probably between 8 and 10.

Libby said...

Wonderful picture Debbie...congratulations to the mother of the bride! How lovely you both look!
I plan to be at Tim's on Saturday at 7:30.
To those away...enjoy the weekend and safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Debbie - you both look so happy and so lovely. A very special day, indeed.

I will be out Saturday at 7:30 and Tuesday.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to provide light breakfast on Canada Day if people would like to walk from my place that morning. But I need to know SOON - preferably before tomorrow - so that I can shop accordingly!

We could go to the lookout or in the ravine and maybe go to the park to see if there are any celebrations, if we wish.

Yes? No? I do need to know numbers if people might like to do this.

Dawn

P Dawn said...

I forgot to say - Ill be there at 7.30 if my trusty friend and driver agrees to this time too.

Olwyn said...

Congrats Debbie; what a beautiful photo of you and Bonnie! I plan to be out Saturday morning for something less than 12k (!) I'm away next week; I'll be on the west coast with a beer in my hand; Happy Canada Day everyone!

Charlotte S said...

I will be at Tim's Saturday at 7:30 and at Dawn's on Canada Day. Dawn, what can we bring?

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! Debbie...what a beautiful picture!
I will be heading out of town for the weekend. Happy Canada Day everyone!. Dawn ...thanks so much for the invite .....enjoy the long weekend!
Alexis

Anonymous said...

Lynne and I will be out tomorrow (Saturday) as close to 7.30 am as we can make it!
Frances

Lou-Ann said...

I will see the few that are in town on Saturday for 7:30. At this point I will not be walking Canada Day...might be nursing too much wine from the night before? Dawn you are walking in the Canada Day Parade arriving at Stan Wadlow Park?

Happy Canada to all!

Anonymous said...

Will not be out tomorrow. I have an early appointment. Dawn, Jim and I would like to walk from your home on Canada Day. I always enjoy the walks starting from there.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Rainer and I plan to be out at 7.30 Sat for 7 or 8 K!
Margy

Jan said...

I'll be put this morning for 730...zzzzzzz

Eva said...

You looked wonderful Debbie on your daughter's wedding. Congratulations!!!
Eva

Anonymous said...

Just checked the weather, thunderstorms not arriving until late morning/early afternoon so we should be safe for a walk this morning (Tuesday). Are we still meeting at Dawn's for 8.30 am?
Frances

Anonymous said...

Wed. night - I'm home & could go. Will watch the weather as it is getting darker as I type this.

Any one else going, weather permitting?

Lynne & Leverne???
Susan

Jan said...

Hi Susan

I'm confused! I looked at one weather report and it said no rain tonight and another one said severd thunderstorms starting at 7pm!

If it is not raining I would like to go out tonight - call me on my cell - I'll email it to you.

Anonymous said...

Still at the office...will not be going out tonight.
Frances