Thursday 19 June 2014

Walks - Sat. June 21 - Wed. June 25


Yes, this Saturday, some will gather in time to catch the 9:30 am ferry to Toronto Island for a brisk walk or leisurely stroll followed by brunch at the Rectory. Others may prefer to walk from Tim's at 8:00 am. Both are great options, as long as you walk.

Island walk & brunch info:
About 15 of us plan to go. Helen hopes to get to the terminal on Friday to buy books of tickets. That means
a) that we can get right on the ferry, and
b) that the fare will be 10% off —  $6.30 rather than $7 for those under 65. However, it’s only $4.50 for 65 and older — please confirm with Helen by early Friday morning if you are attending but not listed below or if you need a senior ticket. She suggests we catch the 9:30 ferry to Ward’s. Bob has reserved at The Rectory, which doesn’t open till 11 am. That should give us time for 8-10K.

Yes planning to attend: Eileen, Olwyn, Dawn, Charlotte, Lou-Ann, Trish, Frances, Barbara, Alexis, Jan, Susan, Bob & Helen.

Please confirm if attending:  Ian? Lynne? & Leverne?
Anyone else?

Please let others know your plans on the blog. It helps. Lots of construction on Queen St. sidewalks - consider yourself warned.

Week nights - Monday at Loblaws and Wednesday at Occasions - both at 7:00 pm. Distances are approximately 8 and then 6 km.

Announcements:
Libby: Next Half Marathon is New Albany in Sept. Training required for Rainer, Margy, Ruth and Arlene is 12 K. Both Ruth and Arlene are not available Saturday.
I believe the Island group will try for 10K (end to end) and this is a good workout for those signed up for Midsummer's, Aug. 16th!
Please remember to advise me -Libby- of any races you have signed up for!
 
Lou-Ann: The pool party will be on Sat Aug 23 with details to follow as we get closer. Thanks so much, Lou Ann.
Geese Team Training
 
 


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will not be out this Saturday as I have a baseball tournament.
Have a fun weekend and have a great week Shore Things
Rainer

Joan said...

Hi All, have a great walk this weekend, as I said last weekend, lots of family here from out of town so I am here with all of them. While at the island look at the Island School as you walk by, that is where my son is getting married in August, in fact August 23 so I won't be at the pool party.

See you soon.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be at the Island for the walk and a delicious breakfast. Helen,I am under 65 (I'm sure you know I am 29, don't you?).

Anonymous said...

Leverne and Lynne are going to the island. See you at the ferry on Sat
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the ferry docks for 9:30 on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Susan

Helen said...

Some of the east-enders will be car-pooling this Saturday. If you want to do that, email Helen to let her know. We'll drop the cars in the school parking lot and double-up to share parking fees. The lot we're aiming for is the one at Esplanade and Bay, then we'll walk down to the ferry terminal. See the Islanders on Saturday. I'm going down soon today to purchase tickets.

Helen said...

Sorry, I should have given a time for the car pool. Let's meet at Helen's no later than 8:45.

Olwyn said...

Looking forward to joining the Islanders on Saturday morning; and thanks again to Bob and Helen for organizing us again! Helen, I am also under 65; the same age as Lou-Ann, actually (29!).

Olwyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlotte S said...

I will also be at the island for the 9:30 ferry and BTW, I am definitely over 65. No one lies about their age after 65!

Anonymous said...

I won't be out Saturday, enjoy your walk and brunch, see you next time.
Sheila

Libby said...

Greg and I will join the Island walk...see everyone at the ferry docks

Anonymous said...

Won't be out Monday - working late. Hoping to be there on Wednesday.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for Saturday...amazing event! Will not be out tonight, Monday, working late, hope to be out Wednesday but not sure.
Frances

Jan said...

Looks unlikely I'll be out tonight - stuck at a client's. If I happen to get out of here on time I'll let you know but don't count on me.

Helen said...

No Jan tonight, and I'm not sure when Bob will be home, so I might have to pass on Monday evening. Will check in closer to our time.

Helen said...

Won't be out tonight. Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Helen said...

Hope to be out on Wednesday, unless it pours.

Anonymous said...

Just got home not going to make it out tonight! Frances

Anonymous said...

Plan to walk tonight - and I'm assuming the rain will hold off.
Anyone else?

Susan

Jan said...

I plan to be out tonight - I need the walk so I hope the rain holds off.

Olwyn said...

Got home too late to go out, plus it's raining cats and dogs...meow...woof!

Helen said...

We had a wet but welcome walk last night -- hills between the raindrops.