Friday 23 May 2014

Walks - Sat. May 24 - Wed. May 28

Shorethings and their new hardware
 
Join us for our walk on Saturday. We have lots of flexibility this week as only a few are on a training schedule for distance. Choose your distance (avoid the annoying knats - just a tip from me) and enjoy good company - we'll meet at 8:00 am at Tim's (despite the various construction sites and road closures). Sign in to let others know your plans.
 
Evening walks are Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions; 7:00 pm. There is a little farmers market Wed (near Occasions) that is worth checking out if you come a little early. Just follow the signs. Had a great band playing this week - plus lots of healthy things to purchase.
 
Races and training: Arlene and Elaine - all the best - I'm sure you'll make us proud while completing the Women's Half this weekend in Sunnybrook Park.
 
Those training for the Niagara race are on taper (finally). Distances this week are 12 on Sat. followed by 6 & 5 km during the week. We wish you the very best at next weekend's race.
 
We enjoyed a great walk last Monday in Leaside followed by brunch. Thanks Trish for organizing!  Great idea.
 
Announcements: 
from Bob - Sat. June 21 - let's walk Toronto Island followed by brunch. More details to follow.
 
from Libby - Is anyone doing the race in Quebec City? Please let me know what races you have entered - we will help generate interest and training plans.
 
Still time to register for the Alfie Shrub classic - June 8th. Just a stroll, really, unless you are a type A personality with a need to compete.
 
from Susan - Sunnybrook has a Run for the Kids race with 15 and 25 km distances on Sept. 21st. Check it out. Any interest?
 
See you Saturday.
 
 
 
 
 


21 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out on Saturday mooring at Tim's.

For some reason I didn't get the email with the blog this week. Not sure if that happened to others.

Good luck Arlene and Elaine.

Anonymous said...

I'm in La Belle Provence until Tuesday night, planning to walk Wednesday with the morning group.

Have a great race and/or walk this weekend,
Sheila

Trish said...

Cheryl and I (Eva is having a spa weekend with her sisters!) will be doing 12K starting at 7:30 if anyone wants to join us. Route to be determined but it won't be the spit!

Joan said...

Hi All, I will not be out this week, hopefully next week. Have a great walk.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8:00 am. See you then.

Susan

Olwyn said...

I'll be out at Tim's at 8am for a gnat-free walk; distance to be determined! Good luck Arlene and Elaine!

Olwyn said...

Libby, I just signed up for the Midsummer Night's Walk on August 16; it's back to it's regular route this year, so let's hope we can get a few folks signed up for this one!

Lou-Ann said...

See you at Tim's for the 8:00 walk...have fun Libby and Arlene!!

Libby said...

I will not be out Saturday due to a knee issue! Off to Scotland and Iceland this Thursday so will see you all in June!
I do plan to join the island walk on the 21st!

Anonymous said...

I will be there Saturday!
Frances

Eileen said...

Cynthia and I will be out for 8:00 on Saturday. We're thinking of doing 10 km if anyone is interested in this distance

Helen said...

Looking forward to 8-10K, as the mood hits. See you at 8.

Trish said...

Cheryl and I will be heading eastward along boardwalk to Fallingbrook. Maybe we will see some of you along the route.

Anonymous said...

I can't make it today, sorry,

Val

Jan said...

I am planning on going out tonight - anyone else?

Helen said...

I'll be going out tonight. Bob has a school meeting.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight. Looking forward to it - through the ravine to the water & back??? Best route on a hot night.

Susan

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight (Wednesday), busy with many things on the go.

Eileen said...

Eva and I plan to be out at Occasions tonight (Wed) weather permitting.

Jan said...

I plan on coming out - I believe Helen will not be though. Unless it rains.....

Anonymous said...

I may be there too - somehow have too many things to do (again) so don't wait if I'm not there at 7:00.

Heading away tomorrow and back on June 15. Hope to see some of you at the Island on the 21st - if I don't get out tonight.

Susan