Thursday 15 May 2014

Walks - Sat. May 17th - Wed. May 21st

It's all about the hardware
These medals were just waiting for our Shorethings walkers who participated last Sunday (great weather for walking) in KW. Congratulations to all who got to take one home.
 
It is a long weekend but if you are staying in town, please join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am - for any distance that suits you. Those training for the Niagara race may want to start earlier - the distances this week are 16 km, 10 km & 10 km. Sign in to let others know your intentions.
 
Wednesday is at Occasions at 7:00 pm
 
For a change of pace on Monday, Trish is suggesting ...
That we might like a change of scenery for our Monday walk followed by breakfast at Leonard's restaurant. Let's meet at Laird and Eglinton ( you can park in the Canadian Tire parking lots) and we do a route through the valley of 8-10 km. starting at 8:30. The restaurant is right across the street from Canadian Tire.  Please sign in to the blog and let us know if you will be joining us. Sounds great, Trish.
 
Others may wish to stay locally, so again, please sign in so others know.
 
Announcements:
from Susan
- this is a great event and for a great cause - Toronto Island House Tour on June 1st: http://torontoislandgranniesinspirit.weebly.com/
 
from Helen - Gardens of the Beach tour - June 22nd
 
and
BEACH PLANT SALE MAY 17th by Beach Garden Society
The Best Plant Sale around! Hundreds of wonderful, locally grown Perennials, Member's Plants, Connoisseur Collection, Personal Shoppers, and more. 9:00am to 11:30 Adam Beck Community Centre 77 Lawlor Ave.
 
Hydrating before the KW race
 
Enjoy the weekend - celebrate spring's arrival. See you Saturday.
 
 
 
 


27 comments:

Trish said...

Eva and I will be doing 16k Saturday morning. We are going to start at 7am. Our plan is to do 6k along Lakeshore/Commissioners and then head out the spit. Hoping some of the 8:00 starters will head out the spit and join us.
For those going away - have a great 24th of May!

Libby said...

I was late getting my race comments to Susan...so do remember the Win Whitby local race this weekend- 5/10/half for those interested in yet another medal, this time a local race.

I plan to walk Saturday at 6 from tm's and Monday at 8:30 in Leaside..

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday or Monday...have a wonderful Victoria Weekend everyone and I look forward to seeing all the following Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Trish and Eva... MAY be there at 7a.m., but don't wait for me.. will be there at 7 sharp if able ( i.e.if I can can get up for that time!)
otherwise will be there at 8 for a Spit walk..
(Rainer and I decided against Cleveland this weekend.. will stay here and enjoy the city..)
Margy

Charlotte S said...

I plan to walk Saturday from Tim's and Monday, 8:30 in Leaside. Sounds like a nice change, not to mention brunch after. We are, after all, all about the food.

Helen said...

8 for 8 on the spit sounds good to me right now for Saturday. We'll be in Leaside for 8-10 on Monday at 8:30, too.

P Dawn said...

I won't be out on Saturday morning but wondered if anyone in a car would be going near my house on Monday as I'd love to join the walk and breakfast group.

Anyone?

Anonymous said...

My plans have changed for the weekend; I will not be out Saturday or unfortunately Monday. Aim to get out Wednesday.
Frances

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk Sat at 8 am and Monday in Leaside and the rest of the weekend relaxing.
I can pick you up Dawn if you need a ride.
Susan

Trish said...

Margy, will try and open eyes wide enough to see you.

Ruth said...

I'll be out at 8:00 on Saturday and will plan to head up to Leaside on Monday.

Ruth

Eileen said...

I plan to be out Saturday at 8:00 and Monday at Leaside

Joan said...

I will be at Tim's on Saturday at 8 for the Spit.

Unknown said...

I'll be there for 8:00 at Tim's, but cannot make it Monday.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I won't be at Tim's on Saturday, but see you on Monday at 8.30 am at Laird.
Have a lovely long weekend everybody,

Val

debbie said...

I'm in for the Monday walk and breakfast.

Trish --should we make reservations for the group to make sure they can accomodate us all?

Barbara said...

ian and I will be out tomorrow at 8:30. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Barb Shand, Sharon and sister, Patty will be out on Monday for a walk and for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Rainer and I should be out tomorrow for 8.30
Margy

Anonymous said...

Leverne and Lynne will be there tomorrow

Jan said...

I'll be there for 830,tomorrow

Olwyn said...

I'll be out Monday; Happy Victoria Day everyone!

Anonymous said...

Occasion's at 7:00 pm - that's my plan. Anyone else?

Susan

Helen said...

Bob and I plan to be at Occasions, unless: Deluge and lightning.

Trish said...

I am hoping to be at Occasions and bringing Eva, Cheryl and Eileen with me. As Helen says, unless..........

Anonymous said...

Work, work, work! Will not be able to get out tonight. Will be there Saturday.
Frances

Jan said...

Anyone thinking of doing the September Ottawa Army run? No-one has put it down as a race interest but Helen just pointed out to me that the price goes up June 1. I have been toying with the idea to give myself a fall goal.