Thursday 8 May 2014

Walks - Sat. May 10 - Wed. May 14

Debbie and gang - so great to see you, Debbie!
Well, friends, it is a busy weekend....race weekend for the K-W group and Mother's Day for many of us - there is lots of reason to get out & celebrate.
 
Saturday may be a smaller group this week, but let's gather at 8:00 am at Tim's for whatever distance suits you. There are lots of those little knats flying around, especially close to the water - consider yourself warned!
 
According to Libby:
First- Congrats to Joan Weed on completing the GoodLife Half last weekend , sore foot and all! Please do continue to join us when you can!
At Last - The KW race weekend has arrived. A large group will head to KW on Saturday for a pot luck and for the Half or 10K on Sunday. Have a great race. The Niagara ladies will be using KW as a training walk for the Niagara race in June.
Weekday distances for those in training are 10 and 10!. The Women’s Half - Arlene and Elaine- need to walk 16K this weekend.
Food for thought ... future race consideration for next April. Lee Scott informed us there is a large group of walkers from Oakville considering the Big Sur Race for next April. The Big Sur International Marathon has long been a WOW walker favourite as they have fairly good walker support in addition to an unbelievable race course along the famed Highway #1 south of San Francisco- Race travels through majestic redwoods with phenomenal Pacific Ocean views. The distances vary from 21 miler, 10.6 miles (the walkers fav!) and a mere 9 miles . Registration seems to fill quickly and will open in July. I will keep you informed of further details. This year, Lyn Ballantine - a walker in the class Ruth and I take Thursday at 6:30 completed the race. She is a teacher and was able to obtain a day off  for an “event” from the school board...just to mention for our teachers!
Worth considering as we surely can’t have anther winter like this past one!
Remember - let Libby know of any races for which you have registered.
Great shot, Olwyn.
Sign the blog so we'll know whose coming out on Saturday. See you then.




25 comments:

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the updates! Heading to KW tomorrow for the half, so won't be out Saturday morning at Tim's. Debbie, hope to see you out again soon!

Helen said...

Big Sur is on our bucket list, but will probably have to wait a few years for us. Meantime, we'll be heading to Waterloo for the half. I might even have to bring my shorts. Gasp. Enjoy this lovely weekend.

P Dawn said...

Big Sur is not on my list as I don't do hills. But San Francisco would be nice to visit sometime.

Will he n KW this weekend so won't be at Tim's this week. Looking forward to a lovely pot-luck and get together on Saturday evening, but less enthused by the thought of Sunday.

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out Saturday walking and I won't be doing KW, however I do wish all the KW walkers a wonderful weekend eating, laughing and walking!

Anonymous said...

And, I forgot that some of us might be entered in the Sporting Life - if so, all the best. It is a great race.

I plan to be out on Saturday morning, but not if it is pouring.

Susan

Trish said...

I am part of the gang using KW as a training walk for Niagara. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Weather looks promising. Have a good weekend everyone whatever distance you are doing. Looking forward to a good potluck and a great race.

Sharon KJ said...

Wishing the KW group a wonderful day for the race, good food with wonderful friends, the best of times, and arriving upright and smiling at the end of the race.

I was going to sleep in tomorrow (whatever that means) but Barb Shand needs a ride. See whoever tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out Saturday.

All the best to the KW group...have a great walk.
Sheila

Joan said...

Good luck all the KW walkers, look forward to next Saturday when I can hear all the stories. I won't be out in the morning, having a rest Saturday after the race last weekend.

Anonymous said...

Even though it's a glorious evening, I'm taking the day off to rest my weary muscles. See everyone Wednesday.
Leverne

Helen said...

What Leverne said! See you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Likewise for me, a 20 minute walk this afternoon in the sunshine was enough for me. I cannot make it Wednesday evening but will be there Saturday. Wonderful time in Kitchener yesterday!
Frances

Jan said...

I am taking the night off tonight - let my blister heal. I should be up and ready for Wed though.

Anonymous said...

I hope to walk Wed. from Occasions if I get home in time. Please don't wait for me if I'm not there by 7:00 pm.

Looking forward to hearing about KW race.

Susan

Trish said...

Weather permitting Eileen and I are planning on joining the group at Occasions tonight.

Trish said...

Weather permitting Eileen and I are planning on joining the group at Occasions tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight if the weather co-operates.

Leverne

Helen said...

Weather permitting, I'll be at Occasions for whatever distance feels right. Still don't have any new shoes, dang it.

Anonymous said...

I cannot come out tonight, hope to make it Saturday.
Frances

Jan said...

Planning on being out tonight for a SHORT walk!! 5-6K okay with everyone?

Trish said...

Works for me!

Helen said...

How rainy does it have to be before it's "weather not permitting" tonight?

Trish said...

It is raining here so think I will stay home. Sky not looking so good. Eileen agrees.

Helen said...

Having just done a race, I can feel virutous about giving tonight a pass. Saturday, hoping the rain stays away.

Jan said...

I think I'll pass on a walk (swim) tonight