Friday 25 April 2014

Walks - Sat. April 26 - Wed. Apr. 30

Celebrating with friends
Well, it is taper time for many who are preparing for May races and the distances are a tad more forgiving this week. Let's meet at Tim's on Saturday. I suggest two start times:
   8:00 am for those who come for a civilized walk
   7:30 am for those doing 16 kms  (K-W and Niagara walkers)
Sign in so others know your plans. It really helps.
 
Distances for the week (thanks Libby):
Saturday is 16 for both Niagara half and K-W.
Weeknight distances: 10 K both days for K-W; 8 k both days for Niagara Women’s Half.
This is the last weekend to sign up for K-W before the final price rise.
 
As usual, Monday evening is Loblaws, Wed. evening is Occasions - both at 7:00 pm.  Day time walkers connect with Dawn and Lou-Ann.
 
Many of us will be enjoying the Hot Docs festival for the next 10 days - again, I urge you to sign in so others know your plans.
 
Announcements:
from Norma: the intersection of Queen and Leslie will be closed from May 11 to June 21 - just a heads up.
Colourful shoes make you walk faster!
See you Saturday




21 comments:

Trish said...

Have a good walk tomorrow. Cheryl and I will be doing the 14k from my house (Bayview and Eglinton) at 8:30 Sunday morning. We end at Rahier for Chocolate croissants if anyone wants to join us.

Jan said...

7:30 it is (this week I checked!) Maybe we'll beat the rain then. See you for a nice leisurely 16K stroll....

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of "strolling the 16km Jan". Never the distance that is scary....always the spead ;0. I will be there for 7:30 and will try to do 16......(or something slightly less if anyone is there to turn around early with me. Alexis

Olwyn said...

Fun photos, Susan! I'll be doing the 16k tomorrow, but if I'm not there by 7:30am please don't wait for me; I may be going later on as I'm working tonight until about 1am. Hope to see everyone at Tim's after though.

P Dawn said...

I'll be there at 7.30 for 16 k with LouAnn. The self called 'strollers' I've never known to stroll. But if they actually do that, they might have company!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for a bit - need to take the honeymooners to the airport and then pick up their damn dog who will be babysitting and walking me for the next 2.5 weeks. Likely come at 8:00 since I can't stay long enough to do 16 kms.

Already enjoying Hot Docs. Hope others will too.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Fighting off a bit of a bug, so won't be out unless it's over a quickly as it hit me.

Have a good one,
Sheila

Joan said...

I plan on being there for 8am. I am aiming to do 10-12k. My foot has not been totally happy and my race is next week so I am trying very hard to pay attention to it. Is anyone going out at 8?

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out at 7:30 for 16K

Helen said...

Bob & I will be at Tim's at 7:30 for 16K.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow.

SKJ

Charlotte S said...

I plan to be out at 8:00 for a civilized 8-10k, OK?

Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Leverne, Lynn and I will be at Tim's for 7.30 am for the 16K.
Frances

Barbara said...

i plan on being out for 8:00 for about 8-10km.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tonight (Monday) or Wed, will be at a Hot Doc both nights.
See everyone on Saturday,
Lynne

Joan said...

I as usual am not available on Mondays or Wednesday. I do want to say however that I am really feeling supported by you as a walking group. I felt pretty run down on Saturday with my sore foot and my cold but I made it out and felt very rewarded. Thanks everyone. :)

Helen said...

I think most of our Monday night walkers are away at HotDocs, so Bob and I will walk from home on Monday evening. However, let us know if you want to join us.

Anonymous said...

I am home from work (4 pm) so will go out now to walk by myself since most others are going to be at HotDocs. I cannot come out Wednesday night so see all on Saturday.
Frances

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Wednesday this week, as I'm working; but I plan to be out Saturday at 8am, from Tim's. See you then ~

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Wednesday this week, as I'm working; but I plan to be out Saturday at 8am, from Tim's. See you then ~

Anonymous said...

Not out Wednesday - not sure if anyone will be there due to rain and Hot Docs.
Hope to see you Saturday.
Susan