Thursday 17 April 2014

Walks - Sat. Apr. 19 - Wed. Apr. 23

and you thought no one was watching you in the bushes?
 
A lovely long weekend....and some are away enjoying a change of scene, time with family and friends, celebrating Easter or Passover or ???
 
But back at Tim's on Saturday, some will gather and walk...at 8:00 am...for whatever is your pleasure/distance. 
 
Training? well, the distances are increasing, ...according to Libby.....
On Saturday, Joan (good life ambassador) needs to do 16K. The K-W trainees are scheduled for a whopping 20K. Niagara ladies a mere 14k. Weekday distances are 10 K both days....long walks this week and then we begin to taper - isn't that a nice thought!
Due to the long weekend, some have Monday off and some don't. I suggest that we meet at Tim's 2 on Monday at 9:00 am. There may be a group who still prefers Monday evening from Loblaws. Please sign up on the blog so that others know what you plan to do.
 
Wednesday evening is from Occasions at 7:00 pm for 10 km (or less).
 
Announcements:
from Dawn: to the KW group: Debbie has a room booked at the Waterloo Hotel which she will not be using.   If anyone wants it, please let Dawn know, otherwise it will be cancelled.   In the meantime, she is still the “Debbie” we know as she starts her second round of chemo next week.   When I saw her briefly, she was wearing her Shore Things shirt to show we are still very much part of her life and she is looking forward to wearing it again when she is able to walk with us. 
 
from Libby:
Please do send me your race interests and check the list to ensure I have your name in the correct slots.
 
See you Saturday.

28 comments:

P Dawn said...

love the photos. I think I've seen that little guy looking at me in the bushes......

Lou-Ann and I are planning to do 20k on Saturday, but we will be starting at 7.30 am to make sure we have some of the day left afterwards!! Any other 20kers want to join us?

Helen said...

Bob and I will be doing our 20K in Montreal. Have a great walk and a relaxing weekend.

Joan said...

I still have a sore foot, I might keep resting till Monday. Have a great walk this weekend and Happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

I'll aim for 7:30 and 20 km and if I miss that I'll aim for 8:00 and 10 km...either way, it's all good.

Susan

Stacey said...

I will be at Tim's for a 7:30 start, 20K (yikes!) walk with Dawn, Lou-Ann and others. See you then!

Anonymous said...

I will be there at 7.30 with the 20k folks.
Rainer will not be there at 7.30He will most likely be there at 8 a.m.
Margy

Libby said...

I am planning to join the 7:30 start group with Arlene (she hasn't confirmed yet so ??)

Olwyn said...

I'll also aim to be there at 7:30pm, (if I'm not there, don't wait, as I'll be there by 8am) but may not do all 20k; will see how it goes! Great photos; and thanks for the update on Debbie; great that she's wearing the Shore Things t-shirt!

Anonymous said...

Cute picture, as long as he stays out of my garbage cans!

I'll be out at 7:30 tomorrow.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

See you at 7:30,
Sheila

Trish said...

I was planning on being there for 8:00 to do 12 to 14K as I ended up doing 21k with Olwyn last week.

Olwyn said...

Trish, thanks for reminding me we did 21 last week; ergo, I'll join you at 8 for less than 20 but more than 10~!

Anonymous said...

Anybody for Monday 9 am from Tim's 2?

Val

Sharon KJ said...

I plan to go out Monday morning for a 9 am start.

Sharon

Trish said...

I won't be out in the morning. A wee sleep in and then a brunch with Hannah and my mom. Will walk later in the day. Have a good walk!

Ruth said...

I'll be out Monday morning.
Ruth

Eileen said...

I'll be out Monday morning at Tim's at 9:00

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's 2 on Monday morning too....

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Dawn and I will be out at Tim's 2 Monday morning.

Jan said...

Is anyone planning on going out tonight? If not anyone interested in tomorrow morning or tomorrow night?

I didn't get my 20 in on Saturday, so I don't want to miss my 10 or so today.

Anonymous said...

I'll go Jan - where and when? I'm at home so am flexible (I know, I know - that's an oxymoron!).
Susan

Anonymous said...

I did my 10K this afternoon, did not want to risk possibility of rain tonight! That said I can go tomorrow (Tuesday) Jan if you do not get out tonight, prefer earlier rather than later. Text me 647 227-4645 if you are still interested in Tuesday, any time after 4.00 pm.
Frances

Jan said...

In case any of you are thinking about tonight, Susan and I are going to try for 8-10 tonight leaving from Loblaws at 7

Jan said...

Hi Frances - should have let you know sooner - I did get my walk in last night so not going tonight.

Anonymous said...

Computer problems and a of course everything else delayed, going to have stay later at work! Not going to make out tonight (Wednesday). I will try to do 10K myself on Thursday.
Frances

Jan said...

I should be out usual time - I assume we are meeting at Occasions? Do we want/need to do hills???

Helen said...

Looking forward to rejoining the gang tonight. I assume at Occasions? H-h-h-hills? See you there.

Helen said...

I think Trish had a 9K with hills from Occasions. Will see if I can find it.