Thursday 27 March 2014

Walks - Sat. March 29 - Wed. April 2. 2014

 Vacationing walkers enjoying a day in paradise
Sharon - which one is Jim?
 

Walks and training and mild weather - all guaranteed for this Saturday - so please join us at 8:00 am at Tim's. For those who enjoy a shorter distance, let's aim for 6 - 10 - or whatever suits you.
 
Training? The rules & distances change for you - Libby reminds us for Sat:

Goodlife- 16K;
K-W - 14K;
Cleveland - 12K;
Niagara Women’s - 14K
Weeknight training : Monday 8K for all
Wednesday- 8,10, and 6K. Check your race for distances.
 
Jan - will you create an interesting and challenging route for us - or could we do the route you created two weeks ago - was interesting & different?
 
Announcements:
from Rainer: Margy and I are back in Toronto .... enjoyed some Florida sun .... and also did a 5km race in St Petersburgh .... what better way to spend a holiday than to do a race .... nice medal ... fun race no walk section but great food afterwards ... they even served beer for the finishers ... at 8:15 in the morning .... Margy was 14 out of 25 in her age category ... Should also mention they have a race in January that has a 5km walk category .... great excuse to get out of the cold ....
 
from Helen:
we’re getting a sudden increase in spam comments. They usually get captured, ending up only in my inbox but a few sneak through and have to be manually deleted. If they continue to worsen, we’ll probably have to invoke a comment verification feature. I know people hate this, and it does tend to discourage from posting. It doesn’t even stop human spam 100%, but it does foil the spambots.
from Libby:
It seems race season has started in earnest. Olwyn starts us off next Saturday with the Harry Rosen 8K...anyone else doing this race?
Training schedule has been updated with distances until October!. Lots of race interests this year. Please check the list and inform me (Libby) of addition or deletions.
 
from Susan:
I hear wedding bells!
See you Saturday.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


20 comments:

Olwyn said...

Susan,is there something you're not telling us?!? I'll be out at 8am at Tim's for a 14k for the KW half; and its going to be milder! See y'all then!

Joan said...

I will be there for the 16k for the Goodlife.

Libby said...

Can,t make it this week! Plan to walk Sunday for 14 K. See you next week.
Looking forward to hearing about the mystery wedding!

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Tim's on Saturday for (cough) 14K.

Lou-Ann said...

See you at 8:00 at Tim's for I don't know how far walk! Nice pictures Susan, I am assuming your son's wedding is very soon right?

Trish said...

I won't be out on Saturday. Family commitments. Will be walking Sunday with Cheryl, Eva, and Eileen.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for 14 km. See you soon.

Susan

Joan said...

I have finally figured out the schedule. I will plan on walking a couple of kilometer before I meet you each week so I have my extra distance.
I am doing the Yonge St. 10k with my family, it is going to be a walk in the park so to speak.
Thanks for all the encouragement you are giving me.

Sharon KJ said...

I may be able to make it for a walk Monday evening. Will there be others going for a walk tomorrow?

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I hope to be home in time to walk Monday night. Will check the blog when I get home - will depend on traffic for me.
I'm hoping to get back to regular Monday & Wednesday walks now that spring is coming. Been too long.
Susan

Helen said...

I hope to be out Monday night. Bob has a school meeting.

Jan said...

I plan on going out tonight for 8K if I can stay awake - busy weekend.

Hope you come out Susan - I want to hear all about your do yesterday - good weather for it!

Anonymous said...

well, I'm bailing...going to take the happy couple out for pizza and a wedding debrief!

Have a great walk.

Anonymous said...

It's a hotdoc night on Wednesday, so a few of us will not be out Wednesday, see you Saturday.
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob & I will be at Doc Soup on Wednesday night -- although there's some talk of walking to the cinema. TBD. Speak up if you want to join us.

Helen said...

Oh, and happy birthday, Sheila (and belated happy birthday, Rob). Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hey is anyone walking tonight from Shoppers?
Alexis

Helen said...

Alexis, if you say you'll be there, you might get some takers.

Anonymous said...

Ok ... I'll be at Shoppers tonight if anyone sings in to join me. If not I'll be heading to the boardwalk a bit earlier.
Alexis

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out this evening.

SKJ