Thursday 13 March 2014

Walks - Sat. March 15 - Wed. March 19

Cool Dude Charlie  -  Check him out!
I had to edit Dawn and her bikini out of this photo....I'm sure you'll understand ...but Charlie sends his best wishes to us here in snowy Toronto.
 
Spring like weather is scheduled for Saturday, so let's get out there. Meeting at Tim's at 8:00 am for whatever distance suits you. Jan designed a great route for us last week - a few new streets, some variety and about 14 km. Thanks Jan. Let's do it again. Let's keep on the streets if necessary to keep safe under foot.
 
Training? 
KW- 16K for Saturday. then 8 and 8.
Cleveland Half distance is 14 k  then 6 and 6.
Niagara ladies -10K then 6 and 6.
Company makes training easier so come out and support those who are training.
 
Announcements:
from Libby:  Ian Barron, co-ordinator of the Whitby marathon, has contacted us to drum up walkers for the event. www.winmarathon.com.
They have half, 10 miler, 10K, 8K and 5K distances with a claim from him for a walk category in each. Only the 5 and 10K are listed as walk in registration. The race is the long weekend - May 18 for those who may be interested. Anyone interested?  I may be talked into that one - it is close by!
 
I keep giggling at Charlie's photo, so if there are typos....well, at least, I had a good time typing.
 
And, lastly, we're leaving this behind now....I promise....(love the red branches, Eileen; great shot)

 
See you Saturday - let's git'er done!
 
  


14 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

What a little cutie Charlie is!!! I will be there Saturday morning, not sure of the distance I'm doing but will be walking and looking forward to seeing everyone!

Anonymous said...

HI Everyone! I'm going to try my best to see you all at Tim's in the morning! I'm supposed to be training for KW but I fear 14k is a tad much for me so I'll be looking for some friends with a shorter distance in mind......(until I get caught up that is) Looking forward to seeing everyone and to the spring weather you're promising ;)
alexis

Olwyn said...

Cute Charlie; but I would have loved to see Dawn in her bikini...
I'll be out Saturday at Tim's for....gulp.....16k....it will be good to have company! Here's hoping the weather is a bit warmer!

Libby said...

wonderful pictures Susan...would love to have seen Dawn's buff walking body in a bikini!
Arlene and I will be out for 16K...do hope we have company!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out and hope to do 16 km.
Jan has another great route to Rosedale and return.
Susan

Ruth said...

I'm sure Dawn is absolutely stunning in her bikini - you just didn't want to make the rest of us jealous.

See you tomorrow for 16.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Route to Rosedale sounds good but I cannot make it tomorrow. Too much to do before taking off to Scotland in a few days. I will be MIA for a couple of weeks, back April 1. I will walk the Scottish hills for training while I am away.
Frances

Joan said...

I am planning on being there in the morning, will go as far as I can. Look forward to seeing you all. Frances, have a fantastic time.
Joan

Helen said...

Unfortunately, I will miss Saturday's walk due to CanadaBlooms commitments. Won't be walking Sunday, for the same reason. And I won't be out Monday night. Photography class. Hopefully Jan and I can put in some clicks Monday morning. And with luck I'll see you Wednesday. Happy walking. Be safe.

Bob said...

Anyone out tonight?

Bob said...

Something's come up, so I will pass on tonight.

Jan said...

Anyone walking tonight? Do we brave the elements? or walk indoors??

Helen said...

I was thinking of the bubble for walking tonight, if the predicted rain comes.

Jan said...

Suits me fine - it's not too cold just now but it's damp. I'd be just as happy to walk inside