Thursday 6 March 2014

Walks - Sat. March 8 - Wed. March 12

It's all about the hardware
 
Spring break has arrived but where is spring? Many of you will be vacationing but the rest of us will carry on....without you. Enjoy your get-away and think of us back here, pounding the pavement.
Saturday morning, meet at Tim's for 6-12 km.
Monday evening, meet at Loblaws for 6 km
Wednesday evening, meet at Shopper's or the dome for 6 km (check the blog).
Of course, some walkers are off work next week and may choose to walk in the day time, so please check the blog and let others know what you are doing and when.
Training distances: We have people training for 3 races.
KW- Saturday is a big 14K, 8k and 5k.
Cleveland is 12 K, 8k and 5k
Niagara Women’s will be a mere 8K, 8k and 5k. 
 
Announcements:
From Libby: lots of travel stories to tell....and please let Libby know if you are interested, considering, already signed up for any races. The Harry Rosen and Yonge Street 10k are approaching as short distance races for anyone looking for a spring tune-up!
Registration for the Mercedes Benz 10k in Oakville (April 27th) has a price increase next week.
There is an increasing interest from the WOW walkers for the New Albany walking classic September 7. Anyone???
 
From Rainer:
Some information regarding Chilli race .... a tough day weather wise however disappointing to see all the problems with runners in walker races. Looks like this could be another race that will drop their walking category.  We as walkers and competetive walkers need to support the race organizers that still do support walkers in their races. Just had a letter from Ian Barron who organizes races in Whitby begging for more walker support in his WIN race May 18.
Would be great if Rainer or Helen or someone could post the K-W walking classic poster. See anyone you know? (sorry I don't know how to do it).
 
Let's get out there and do it!
Two of our more serious walkers, training hard.
  
 
.
 


20 comments:

Trish said...

Have a good walk and week everyone. I won't be out this week or next as I am heading to Vancouver to visit Ali. I plan to walk around Stanley Park!

Libby said...

Happy vacation to those off for March break.
I have returned to the land of snow and ice...now to catch up on traing for KW. Arlene and I will be at Tim's for a potential 14k Saturday..a weather gods permitting.

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone......can you believe the weather? I'm struggling to get out with the group as I'm needed overtime on the homefront these days! Hopefully after next week I'll make it out to see everyone. In the meantime......don't slip on the ice!
Alexis

Ruth said...

I'll be out - Susan has nicely reminded us that we need to do 14K. Yikes.

Ruth

Ruth said...

I'll be out - Susan has nicely reminded us that we need to do 14K. Yikes.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

Delightful post Susan; and love the photos! (and yes, we ARE serious walkers!) I'll be out Saturday morning for a 14k; to quote Ruth; Yikes!
Trish have a great trip; and happy walking around Stanley Park!
Happy March Break ~

Lou-Ann said...

I plan to be out Saturday...not sure of the distance until I start walking. Trish have a wonderful time with your daughter! Welcome back Libby!

debbie said...

I hope to be out Saturday for 5-6 km.

It's going to be positively balmy!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday - looking forward to walking out the winter cobwebs.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 8:00, not sure about distance. See you soon,
Sheila

Helen said...

We'll be there for (gasp) 14K.

Helen said...

Bob, Leverne and I will be walking Monday morning at 8:30 am from our place. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone interested in walking Monday night? I'm planning to be at Loblaws for 7:00 pm but will check blog, after work, to see if anyone else will be there - before I head out.
Susan

Olwyn said...

I'll be walking home from work on Monday, so won't be at Loblaws at 7pm; hope someone else will be out to join Susan.

Anonymous said...

I am working at home so plan to walk earlier at 5pm while it is still light.

Lynne

Eileen said...

I hope to walk Monday night but have a meeting rather late in the day. Susan, I'll call you if I can't make it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Susan, I got out for a bit this afternoon and a spell in the gym so will not be out this evening.
Frances

Jan said...

I had planned to but got held up and won't be home I'm time - sorry about that

Anonymous said...

Eileen and I aren't coming....
Looks like no one is going out tonight.
Susan

Jan said...

Anyone planning on walking the Dome tonight? I am definitely not walking outside tonight!