Friday 14 February 2014

Walks - Sat. Feb. 15 - Wed. Feb. 19

Inside the Dome
A few of our walkers tried the Dome at Monarch Park Secondary School (Coxwell just south of Danforth) this week - no snow, no ice, no wind - seems like a great idea, especially for a cold winter evenings. More information to follow.
 
Walks this week: Let's meet at Tim's at 8:00 am for 6 - 10 kms.
Monday is Family Day so let's meet at Tim's 2, at 9:00 am for 6-10 kms. 
Wednesday night at Shoppers at 7:00 pm for 6 km.
 
If you are training for the Chilly, your distances this week are 16, 10 and 10.
If you are training for the K-W walkers half, your distances are 10, 6 and 6.
 
Please sign in on the blog so others know your plans.
 
Announcements:
Re Nishe - Nishe's family lost two members last week. Her Mom and her bother-in-law both passed away. I understand the service for her Mom was in Montreal. Our thoughts are with you, Nishe.
 
From Bob - Monarch Park Dome - facility is quite large, making the 4-lane running track good for walks without feeling that one is endlessly going in circles. 10 laps is about 4km. The place is decently heated. Most are wearing short sleeves and pants/shorts.  Track was well used but not congested. There are change rooms, but no lockers or showers, yet. There is visible supervision. $9 pay-as-you-go rate or a 10 passes for $80 option, fully transferable, i.e., 5 of us could go twice or any other variation. The passes expire when the dome comes down at the beginning of May.
 
From Norma - I have found a lovely space to hold a yoga class in on Tuesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. The space has been designed for yoga and thus it has a calming and relaxing ambience about it.  It is located on the south-west corner of Kingston Road and Silverbirch Avenue on the upper floor of the Active Healing Centre.   Classes will be one-hour in length and will focus on gentle stretches, balance, building core-strength and relaxation.  As we age, the most important thing we can do for our bodies is to increase our overall flexibility, strength and balance.  It has been said that we are only as young as our spine is flexible.  To find out more, please contact me at norma.m@sympatico.ca
 
From Rainer - It was a tough day in Sarnia last Sunday... a bit of snow overnight made the roads very slippery and traction difficult. I did manage to finish as first walker with a 2:47:38 time.  Congrats, Rainer.

See you Saturday - I understand that the weather is going to be milder - Hurray!


21 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out at Tim's tomorrow morning and have to start training for KW. At least, that's the current plan!

Olwyn said...

Susan, thanks for all the great information and updates ~ I'll be out tomorrow morning (Sat) at Tim's for a 10k; training for the KW has got to begin sometime! :-)

debbie said...

I'll be out tomorrow for 6-7 km.

Looking forward to seeing everyone after so many missed Saturdays!

Eileen said...

I can't make it this Saturday but hope to walk Monday. Is anyone walking Monday morning for the Tim's #2?
I walked in the Monarch Park dome on Wed and loved it! Very refreshing to plant my feet firmly on the ground and not worry about slipping!

Ruth said...

I'll be sitting in a classroom on Saturday morning - but I'll think of all of you enjoying your walk.

I'll watch the blog for a walking time for Monday morning.

Ruth

Lou-Ann said...

Looking forward to walking and seeing everyone on Saturday. Happy Valentine's Day to all and Birthday wishes to our friend Dawn!.

Trish said...

I'm with Dawn and Olwyn. Training has to begin. See you Saturday at Tim's.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Sat. Looking forward to it.
Susan

Sharon KJ said...

Barb and I will be venturing out to TIm's this morning.

SKJ

Ruth said...

I'm planning to be at Tim's 2 tomorrow (Monday) at 9, since someone was so unkind as to notice that we have to start training for KW.

Ruth

Trish said...

I will be out in the morning. Bringing Eileen.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Tim's 2 at 9 am on Monday.

Also, we would like to go back to the bubble on Wednesday evening. This time, we might actually count our number of circuits to get a distance. Join us?

Jan said...

I will be out tomorrow morning and I'd like to try the dome on Wednesday - sick of this ice and snow!!!!

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you at Tims' II (with Dawn) tomorrow morning. Training, training, training...sounds like a bad word!

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's 2 on Monday morning too. See you there.

Susan

Sharon KJ said...

Barb and I will be out this morning. I would like to come out on Wednesday but I have night school.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Lynn and I will be out this morning. My friend Sue may also join. I also plan coming to the bubble on Wednesday.
Frances

Anonymous said...

I'd love to join you on Wed night at the dome. Do you meet there at 7 pm?
Thanks
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Sorry... I probably won't make it after all since my son needs car for night school. Hope to see you soon,
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Managed to catch a little bit of that precious sunshine this afternoon! Unfortunately will not be able to join the group tonight after all, bit of a work commitment.
See you Saturday.
Frances

Helen said...

Although the weather is milder, Bob and I will be back at the bubble on Wednesday evening. We have five passes left, so first come, first served (it's $8 with a pass, $9 for a single). Come a little earlier than 7 if you haven't yet signed their waver. Takes but a few minutes. See you 7ish.