Thursday 6 February 2014

Walks Sat. Feb. 8 - Wednesday Feb. 12

Olwyn's eye caught this beauty
 
This winter weather has been relentlessly challenging. Nevertheless, we'll gather at Tim's on Saturday for a stroll...of any distance that suits you. Many will likely aim for 6 - 10 kms.
 
However, if training for the Chilly Half, this week requires 20 km, followed by 10 km and another 10 km during the week.  And, training for the K-W Classic needs to start, so your distances are 8 km, followed by 8 km and 5 km during the week.
 
Join in on Monday at Loblaws at 7 for 6 km and at Shoppers at 7 for 6 km. Daytime walkers check in through Dawn. Please use the blog to let others know what your plans are.
 
Announcements:
A big thanks to everyone who was involved in organizing our brunch last Sunday and organizing the raffle. Great time was had by all and we raised some funds for our coffers. Great idea, Dawn. Was nice to see TKOs packed with our gang.
 
From Helen: why we need to wear light colours and reflective gear for our evening walks - check this link - (it is all one link):
 
To Rainer: Make us proud in your race on Sunday in Sarnia.
 
See you Saturday....

21 comments:

Olwyn said...

Susan; thanks for posting that photo; let's hope it's a sign that spring isn't too far away! I won't be out early on Saturday, but I'll get my 8k in later in the day. A good weekend to all!

Ruth said...

What a beautiful photo.

I'll sitting in a classroom all day Saturday :-(

You'll notice that I managed to get to TKOs for the food, but cannot manage to get out walking. Something about priorities.

Ruth

Lou-Ann said...

Won't be out on Saturday looking forward to some family time! Happy walking. Ruth you will do anything to get out of walking!!!!

P Dawn said...

Beautiful photo, Olwyn. I certainly hope it is a sign that spring will come - sometime, anyway. Presently I have difficulty believing it.

Don't think I'll be joining you in the morning. But I may. If I'm not there as you are setting out - please don't wait.

Anonymous said...

I will be coming with Leverne Saturday morning.
Frances

Sharon KJ said...

I am feeling less than stellar this morning. I am going to pass.

Enjoy and walk safely.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's. See you soon.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Will not be out tonight. Still a bit too chilly for a night time walk for me, went to the gym this afternoon instead.
Frances

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking tonight?
Leverne

Bob said...

I will be out but not at Loblaws - no car. Giving the Monarch Park Dome at try at 7-ish.

Helen said...

Anyone feel like trying out the bubble for our Wednesday walk? Bob gave it a try on Monday.

Helen said...

By "bubble" I mean the sports dome at Monarch Park.

Eileen said...

I'll give the Dome a try tonight.
Where should I meet you?

Helen said...

Two choices for meeting place: could meet at our place, park across street and walk the six or so minutes as warmup; OR could park at Monarch Park and just meet inside. Cost for the dome is $9 at the door, or you can buy a 10-pass package for $80. We could get one package and share. It will be busy at 7, but Bob says it's manageable. Dress in layers; Bob was very hot in thermal wear.

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to give it a go. How far/long were you thinking of?

Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'm in, if H & B want a ride to the bubble, I can pick you up.
Leverne

Helen said...

I can't imagine circulating for more than an hour. Intervals?

Thanks, Leverne, it's so close we can walk over. Meet at the bubble at 7?

Eileen said...

I'll meet you at the bubble.

Trish said...

I can't make it tonight but am interested in what you have to say about the bubble. Hannah plays ultimate frisbee there and usually just wears short sleeves.

Anonymous said...

Sorry lost track of time, busy catching up on work, will not be out tonight. I would be interested in going to bubble next week. Will be out Saturday.
Frances

Anonymous said...

Hi, The Bubble looks great! I won't be out on Sat
Im in Montreal and will return Sat evening.
Cheers to all! Alexis
(sorry if this is duplicate... Iphone confusion)