Friday 3 January 2014

Walks - Sat. Jan. 3 - Wed. Jan. 8

Think warm weather thoughts
 
Happy New Year and sorry about the lateness of this post.....got a bit sidetracked.
 
Let's get out walking on Saturday as they are promising milder weather - thank goodness. Meet at Tim's at 8:00 for a few kms. Some people will need to get training for Robbie Burns; some will need to burn a few calories; some will want to join after an absence (we won't ask why you were missing in action); and Dianne will be on taper before heading to Disney next weekend.  Come and walk whatever distance suits you (and the weather).
 
This first full week of January is begging us to start back to our routine of regular walking, so join in:
Monday night at Loblaws at 7:00 pm for 6 kms.
Wednesday night at Occasions at 7:00 pm for 6 kms.
 
Monday and Wednesday day time walkers connect with each other or contact Dawn.
 
Announcements:
Dawn needs to know if you are planning to attend Sunday brunch at TKOs on Feb. 2nd. She needs to have your name on her list and your $18 in cash. Please bring it this week or next week.
 
Libby would like to know what races you are interested in doing in 2014. We'd like to get a list of possible and definite race ideas so that we can encourage others to register....and then to train together.
 
Helen sent this information along: The Stellar Runners just circulated this - when to eat protein article
I trust everyone has survived the power outages - I think we all learned a lesson or two during that experience.

10 comments:

Trish said...

I am up and dressed ready for a much milder day. See you at Tim's.

Helen said...

It isn't looking good for Monday night, if the predicted severe wind/chill comes. Will check in tomorrow closer to our departure time.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight (Monday) or Wednesday; but will be there on Saturday at Tim's. Have a good week everyone! Susan; lovely 'apple' photo (!); I'll send you some more pictures this week.

Helen said...

Just returned from traversing the icy wastes, and have decided I won't be out on Monday night. Wednesday is Doc Soup, and Saturday I'll be at an all-day garden event. Might try walking on Sunday, depending on weather and et cetera. Be safe!

Jan said...

Any "walking" we do tonight will be no exercise - way too slippery out there. I am going to pass.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight (Monday)
Frances

Anonymous said...

Me neither :(
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Just checking to see if anyone was going to walk and I guess not. That's probably a good idea.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to leave a note with huge thanks to everyone who walked with me over the past few months and encouraged me along the way. I leave for Disney this weekend for my very first marathon and will be taking all of your tips and advice with me, to hold me in good stead along the route. Unfortunately the ice storm/power outage, combined with Xmas and a family trip, seemed to deal a fatal blow to the final couple of weeks of training but I'm trying to remain positive and hope for the best.
Many thanks again and I'm looking forward to some shorter distances with everyone once I return.
Dianne

Jan said...

Best of luck on the marathon - hope it's warmer there than here!

Looking forward to hearing the stories when you get back.