Thursday 26 December 2013

Walks - Sat. Dec. 28 - Jan. 1st

Ice and holly
Well, the ice storm has certainly hampered the walking schedule this past week so I'm hoping for great walking weather in the week ahead. And, I'm hoping that everyone who participated in the non-voluntary indoor winter camping without hydro survived the experience - none the worse for wear.

Join us on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am. for whatever distance seems manageable....we will keep to heavily travelled surfaces, if necessary. It will be our last Saturday walk of 2013. See you there and then. Please sign in on the blog to let us know when you plan to walk.

During the week, we may want to add some day time walks as it seems unlikely that anyone will want to walk on Jan. 1st.  I'm going to suggest a few dates
Monday, Dec. 30 - 9:00 am - meet at Tim's 2 or Dawn's  - check the blog for the details.
Monday Dec. 30 - 7:00 pm - meet at Loblaw's - again sign in so others will know your plans.
Tuesday Dec. 31 - daytime - anyone????
Thursday Jan. 2 - 9:00 am - meet at Tim's 2? Any interest????  Sign in please.

If anyone is interested in day times walks (morning especially) please let me know as I have tons of distance to do in order to complete my challenge for 2013 and this weather is making it difficult. Would love some company.



 

20 comments:

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be at Tim's tomorrow. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas despite the power loss. We were without power for over 60 hours. look forward to hearing all the stories on the walk...with Yak Traks!

P Dawn said...

Beautiful photos, Susan. THanks.

I hope to be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 8.00 for whatever distance.

I would love to host the walking group from my place at 9.00 am on Monday 30th and will provide coffee and bruch like stuff following our walk. Not providing masses of food and I DON"T NEED ANYTHING. But I do need to know, by Sunday before noon, who is coming so that I can shop accordingly. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hope all had a great Christmas. We were in the lucky group to have power and able to provide oven space to cook turkey for a friend. I would love to join the group Saturday morning at 8. I do not have "yak traks" but main areas appear clear and reasonably safe now.
I can also join the group for Monday at 9.00 am; just need your address Dawn.
Frances

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you all at 8:00 at Tim's Saturday morning...Dawn I will pick you up.

debbie said...

Planning to be at Tim's at 8 am for around 6 km.

Anonymous said...

I will be a Tim's on Saturday and am really looking forward to seeing everyone, hearing the with and without hydro stories and about Christmas celebrations.

Dawn - I'll join the walk from your place on Monday. Thanks for hosting.
Susan

Helen said...

See you all Saturday.

Jan said...

So the talk on Monday was to meet at Tim's 2 at 9 tomorrow - anybody going? I am planning on it. Thursday that is.

Sharon KJ said...

Depending on the driving conditions, I would like to meet at Tim's 2 tomorrow.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking Thursday at 9 from tims2
Leverne

Lou-Ann said...

I will be walking Thursday morning, and so will Dawn...I think it is going to be cold so dress warm my friends!

Helen said...

Sounds like a plan. See you Thursday morning.

Trish said...

Too cold for me. Bundle up. See you Saturday.

Jan said...

Just looked at the forecast for tomorrow morning - -16 and snowing with 25 km winds...I may reevaluate in the morning.

Sharon KJ said...

I have re-evaluated. My cheeks (face) are still stinging from wind burn from our last walk. I'm staying in. Hopefully, I'll be out on Saturday.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking this morning?
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob and I have reevaluated too. We won't be. See you Saturday.

Jan said...

I know there's no such thing as bad weather but...I going to be a wimp and back out. Too cold and snow-covered ice convinced me.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll concede too ... See you Saturday.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll concede too ... See you Saturday.
Leverne