Friday 8 November 2013

Walks - Sat. Nov. 9 - Wed. Nov. 13

Line Dancing
This Saturday, I suggest we meet at 8:00 at Tim's for 10 km or whatever distance suits you. Let's burn some calories before indulging at the Shorethings Year End pot luck celebration. We always have so many wonderful dishes to eat at our great gathering.
 
Monday and Wednesday:
-day time walkers know to connect with each other for their meeting time.
-Yonge & Eglinton area walkers connect with each other
-Evening walkers meet Monday at Loblaws at 7:00; Wednesday at Occasions at 7:00 - 6 km each night.  Please use the blog to let others know if you'll be joining the evening walks.
 
Let's get out there and keep up the pretense of (some) distance and fitness before the snow flies.
My thanks to Olwyn and Eileen for some great photos.
 
Announcements:
from our Social Committee:  The Year End Great Gathering is Sat. Nov. 9th and if history repeats itself, like it does at City Hall, the evening will be a delight - great food, great friends, great time. The doors crack (sorry, but I had to use that meaningful word) open at 6:30. Please join us with your pot luck creation. A separate message has been sent with the details. We have a dedicated group of volunteers who are making this possible - many thanks to all of you.
 
from Charlotte: - our coffers need replenishing and we ask that each person contributes $10. The funds help support the behind the scenes work. Charlotte is gladly accepting cash!
 
from Rainer: - Robbie Burns 8 km race on January 26th is selling out fast. Earlier this week, there were only 33 spots left. It is a short, fun event and gives you the opportunity to travel to beautiful downtown Burlington - certainly, not to be missed!
 
 
funky art



25 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be at Tim's tomorrow, but will look forward to seeing everyone at our great gathering in the evening.

Monday daytime walkers at 1.30 from Lou-Ann's and Wednesday at 9.00 from Dawn's. Please let us know if you are joining us.

Eileen said...

I will be out this Saturday for about an 8 - 10 walk. Finally!!

Libby said...

Great photos Susan
I'll be out at 8 for a walk

Olwyn said...

Great post Susan; nice allusions to a 'certain someone'! Lovely photos also. Plan to be out Saturday at 8 for 8; and looking forward to the shin-dig tomorrow night.

Olwyn said...

...for a moment I thought your post read "...we have a medicated group of volunteers.." which would have fit in with the City Hall thing ~ :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday morning and evening. See you then.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking Saturday morning but will be there in the evening. I do not see the message from Barbara regarding details for pot luck?
Frances

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow morning but will see most of you in the evening. Have a good walk.
Sheila

Lou-Ann (Gingerbread Girl) said...

I will not be out Saturday morning but look foward to seeing everyone Saturday evening; I will try and the au de gingerbread washed away (pardon my spelling)!
I will not be able to walk on this coming Monday afternoon, sorry ladies!

Helen said...

Bob & I plan to be out Saturday for 8-10k. See you at Tim's.

Trish said...

Coming!

Trish said...

Redemption. May have backed out due to rain but Eileen and I did meet up and do the Bowmore Hills.

Helen said...

If it does, in fact, stop raining by 7pm as forecast, I wouldn't mind a short, brisk walk. If the rain and wind continue, I'll probably stay home. Anyone interested in walking on Tuesday evening instead?

Anonymous said...

I don't like the look of that weather today, so I think I'll give tonight a miss. Plus I've just come home from the dentist and my gums are 'pulsating'
Can't walk tomorrow - Spanish class.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I will Skype into my language course tonight, so won't see you until Wed.

Kathleen

Helen said...

Looks like we won't be out Monday night after all. See you tomorrow and/or Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Too miserable a night for me, staying indoors!
Frances

Anonymous said...

I am home & would walk, if there is anyone for company. Will check back in over the next hour.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking tonight, it looks cold but fresh
Leverne

Helen said...

I plan to be out Wednesday night. Bob has meetings. Anyone swinging by my place with room? Otherwise, I'll walk down -- wait for me if you can.

Anonymous said...

I suppose I have no excuse for this evening. Helen Leverne picks me up so we can swing by and get you.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight, see you all Saturday.
Frances

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out this evening.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be there too on Wed. nursing a sore knee but....

Susan

Anonymous said...

Won't be out as my car is at the shop and I can't get there. See you next week.

Kathleen