Thursday 14 November 2013

Walks - Sat. Nov. 16 - Wed. Nov. 20

 
Great Gathering 2013
 
Saturday promises to be a fine day so I'm suggesting a brisk 10 km starting from Tim's at 8:00 am.
 
Generally, there are three small groups walking on Monday and Wednesday.  You know your starting place and times but I'll mention the evening walks just as a reminder - Loblaws at 7:00 and Occasions at 7:00 - likely for 6 kms both evenings. Not sure about the rest of you but I find it hard to encourage myself to go out in the dark or cold or wind or rain but company makes it much more pleasant, so please join us. Sign in and let the others know your plans.
 
What a great gathering we had on Saturday! Wonderful food was shared; funny stories were told (some included truthful sections); and awards were bestowed. My thanks to all who helped to make this event such a success. Of course, a special word of thanks goes to Lou-Ann for the location.
 
Announcements:
from Libby -
We have a large group already signed up for the KW Walking Classic in May. Just a reminder to those still waiting to sign up, register as a group. Rainer is listed as the group captain for the The Shore Things!
Whitby Waterfront 5 and 10K race is this Sunday. It is walker ‘friendly’ for any of you looking for a last minute race to add to your calendar this year!
 
from others -
Several races were discussed at the Great Gathering - just to tempt us. Let's keep talking up races of interest.
 
Dawn is hoping to arrange a brunch in January and will keep us informed about a time and date. Location is TKOs on the Danforth at Coxwell - can't you just smell the bacon?
 

20 comments:

Trish said...

It was indeed a great gathering.
I won't be out this weekend. My weekend away which was supposed to be in Kingston has been moved to St. Saveur QC. Hoping it doesn't snow. Have a great weekend.

Sharon KJ said...

What a wonderful photograph! Such energy! Next year we need to incorporate music and dancing. What say you?

I'll be out on Saturday. I really miss the walks.

SKJ

Olwyn said...

Great photo; and thanks to everyone who made the party such a great/fun success! And yes to music and dancing next year; already looking forward to it! I'll be out Saturday morning at Tim's; see you then.

Helen said...

Looking forward to walking on Saturday. See you at 8!

P Dawn said...

I second and third all praises about the great gathering. I didn't need to eat again until Wednesday - but I did!

I'l be at Tim's tomorrow at 8.99 and hope to do 10 k but may not manage as I'm building back again slowly.

Monday afternoon, 1.30 pm from Lou-Ann's and Wednesday 9.00 from Dawn's.

debbie said...

Great photo!

I'll be at Tim's at 8 am for 6-7 km.

Libby said...

I plan to be at Tim's at 8 and hope to manage 10K

Anonymous said...

I'll be out too....nursing a tender knee....but needing my distance....falling behind on my challenge for 2013.
Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Won't be out but will be with you in spirit, or something like that!
Had a wonderful time last Saturday night, thanks to all who participated in producing such a fun night!

Jan said...

Brrrr - just went out to check the temperature - it's freezing out there!!

Just wondering if anyone is planning on going out tonight - wind is roaring now.

Helen said...

I'd be willing to walk tonight -- dressed for the weather. Unless there's a wind warning, in which case, I'll hunker down by the fire.

Anonymous said...

A bit too blustery for me to go out this evening, I am headed to the gym this afternoon instead.
Frances

Anonymous said...

ditto what Helen said
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Didn't like that blast of snow pellets that I just got caught in walking from the subway...If it's at all wet or snow-like at 6.45 I'm staying home!

Lynne

Helen said...

Bob's going to be late, and I'm thinking about those 55 km gusts. Jan and I will walk Tuesday morning instead. Be safe and warm, folks.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight (Wednesday)
Frances

Helen said...

I hope to be out on Wednesday, but might be walking gingerly due to leaf-raking-related soreness. Or Ford Fatigue. See you at Occasions at 7.

Anonymous said...

I should be at Occasions at 7.
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight - bundled up though

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking tonight but may not be very quick.

Kathleen