Wednesday 20 November 2013

Walks - Sat. Nov. 22 - Wed. Nov. 27

The Keeners
 
Last week, we had wonderful weather for walking and the spit was the perfect place to enjoy the fresh air. Let's hope for more of the same this week. Saturday is at 8:00 am and most any distance is good - let's aim for 8-10 km.
 
Monday and Wednesday - locations are the same as always - day time group keeps in touch through Dawn; mid-town group gathers after work, and the evening gang meets at Loblaws on Monday and Occasions on Wednesday - both evenings at 7:00 pm.  Please sign in on the blog so others know your plans.
 
Announcements:
from Libby:
Let people know about the Santa Race registration deadline of November 22 for online registration for your 5k Santa Suit race in Burlington. www.santa5k.ca
The Sporting Life 10K on May 11th. 2014 has just opened for registration...for anyone not yet signed up for KW Walking Classic.
 
from Olwyn (thanks for the photos)
There are two very exciting Christmas and holiday fairs coming up; the first one is this Saturday, November 23rd, at St. Dunstan of Canterbury Church, 56 Lawson Road.  It’s their annual ‘Holly Berry Bazaar’, with lots of seasonal treats, home-made goodies, a delightful lunch-room, a fabulous bake-sale, and a table of hand-made items by Cheryl, Cynthia and Eva, and Olwyn’s photo cards and Christmas cards.  It’s on from 9am – 2pm; 
The second is the ‘Jingle-Bell Fair’ at Lou-Ann’s church, where we had our Shore Things party.  It’s on Saturday December 7, from 11am – 3pm, and has a wonderful lunch room, bake-sale, and many fabulous hand-made items.     Come one, come all; get that Christmas and Hanukah shopping done!!
Be sure to pass along any announcements  - I'll cram them in if there's room (and I remember).
 


23 comments:

Sharon KJ said...

There were 24 of us that day. When you get a chance, take a walk along the gravel path down at the Spit. There is lots to see and to experience.

I won't be out Saturday because I want to go to the Christmas bazaar early.

SKJ

Olwyn said...

Thanks Susan! I also won't be out Saturday, as I'll be at the bazaar bright and early; how bizarre! Have a great weekend!

P Dawn said...

I won't be out on Saturday either as I have my little Maya coming for a sleepover tonight.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Libby said...

I plan to walk Saturday at 8, dressed for snow?

Trish said...

31 coughing, sneezing, hacking…….. kinders have taken their toll (tole) on me. I have a date with my bed. Have a great walk.

Anonymous said...

I will be out on Saturday - not sure how far I'll go....sore knee....damn thing won't heal!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Sorry will not be out Saturday. Enjoy your walk,
Sheila

debbie said...

Gonna sleep in this morning and go to the gym instead.

Have a good walk!

Anonymous said...

Working late tonight & still nursing sore knee - likely won't see me for a couple of weeks...after my short trip to Spain.

Susan

Olwyn said...

Hope your knee heals soon Susan; a short trip to Spain should help! (!) I won't be out tonight (Monday) or Wednesday, too much going on!

Anonymous said...

I also will not be out this evening, instead I have the pleasure of sitting, waiting for a Bell repairman...the 3rd day in a row..

Lynne
I HATE BELL.

Helen said...

How annoying, Lynne.

Sharon, are you walking tonight? If none of the Loblaws-area/eastern walkers are coming out on Monday, does anyone want to walk from here for a change?

Jan said...

I should be out tonight - and I'm ok with walking from here. Isn't Sharon still doing her photography course on Monday nights??

Helen said...

I think you're right, Jan. So… any other Monday night walkers okay with starting from our street?

Jan said...

Susan - what are you doing in Spain? Can I come with you??!!

Anonymous said...

I'll join you guys tonight. See you at 7.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight.
Frances

Helen said...

Oh, gee. I think I've just broken or dislocated my baby finger. Might take my walk up to East General emerg now rather than Occasions tonight. See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, we are having a birthday celebration.
Leverne

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight either - we have Canstage tickets tonight

Jan said...

Ouch Helen! How did you do that??

Jan said...

Ouch Helen! How did you do that??

Helen said...

Finger was dislocated, not broken, thank goodness. Still hurt like blazes and makes it hard to type. Except for tonight, though, it won't prevent me from walking.