Friday 1 November 2013

Walks - Sat. Nov. 2 - Wed. Nov. 6

Tower of Chairs - art?
 
This week, let's meet on Saturday, 8:00 am, at Tim's for 10 kms or whatever distance appeals to you. Take advantage of these snow free days while we can and get some distance in! Dianne - do you need any company for longer walks? Let us know.
 
Monday and Wednesday walks - day time walkers connect with each other through Dawn or Lou Anne to organize. Evening walks will be from Loblaws at 7:00 pm on Monday and from Occasions at 7:00 pm on Wednesday. Please be sure to sign in to let others know your intentions.
 
Announcements:
Our Year End Great Gathering is Sat. Nov. 9th at 6:30. A separate message was sent this week by Barbara B with all of the details.  
 
Please RSVP to Leverne as soon as possible. Our committee needs to have an idea of numbers in order to set up the tables and plan the event. Bring any race suggestions for 2014.
 
Thanks to all who are working on this event - it is always a nice celebration with great food.
 
From Libby - some race ideas to get you in the mood:
For those wishing to race in November- The Whitby Waterfront Race  is only 10K , an 11am start and only $55.00. Everyone gets a hat and chili!...another favorite of Rainer’s!
Check out the Chilly Half in Burlington- March 2. The jacket this year for Chilly Half are spectacular!
We already have quite a few registered for KW so those sitting on the fence may wish to reconsider so we have a strong group presence.
Early Registration rates also end soon for the Flying Pig in Cincinnati...a great race and fabulous medal. Very walker friendly and enjoyed by this years attendees.
 
See you Saturday.
 
 


24 comments:

Lou-Ann (Gingerbread Girl) said...

Sadly I will not be joining you for Saturdays or Wednesdays for the month of November and most of December due to my baking schedule (where did that last year go). Will miss seeing everyone but look forward to seeing everyone at the party on the 9th! Happy walking everyone.

Lou-Ann (Gingerbread Girl) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
P Dawn said...

I don't think my foot is quite ready for waling yet but weather permitting, I'll join you for coffee tomorrow,

Ruth said...

Dawn - get well! I recommend some of Lou-Ann's gingerbread. You may have to do some experimenting to get the dose right.

I'll be out at 8:00 (or earlier if anyone wants to go a longer distance).

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the offer of your company and support, but I'll try to hook up with the Disney ladies tomorrow morning. Hope to see you soon,
Dianne

Trish said...

I won't be out in the morning. Woke up this morning to discover I had lost a toenail. Off a toe I didn't even know had a problem (no black). It's a bit tender - socks and sandals were a hit at school today. Will give it a day or two to toughen up.

Libby said...

Arlene, Elaine and I will be out at 8

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8:00 am. Looking forward to it - a bit overdue.
Susan

Sharon KJ said...

I see someone cleaned out my son's bedroom. Love the photo.

I'll be out in the morning unless it is raining. As an alternate, should it be raining, I will venture to walk on Sunday morning from Tim's 2 at about 8:30.

SKJ

debbie said...

If it is not raining, I'll be at Tim's at 8 for 6 km.

If it rains, I'll go to the gym instead, and maybe to Tim's 2 Sunday as well.

Helen said...

Unless it's really pouring, which I doubt, Bob and I will be out on Saturday for 8K. See you there, dressed for the weather.

Anonymous said...

Fighting a bit of a bug, so won't be out. See you next time, enjoy your walk.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk tonight from Loblaws, traffic permitting. However, will check to see if anyone else signs in before heading there.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Sorry Susan I will not be out tonight.
Frances

Helen said...

If Bob gets home in time, we hope to be out on Monday. Keep your eyes out for possible new member, coincidentally named Lynne.

Anonymous said...

I'm home and looking for company to walk with tonight. I'll only go if someone confirms on the blog.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Susan,
Leverne and I will be out tonight for a shortish walk.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

thanks Lynne - see you both then and there.
Susan

Helen said...

We'll be there, too, Monday.

Eileen said...

I'll be out Wed night at Occasions for 7

Anonymous said...

It's Hot Docs tonight, so quite a few of the Wednesday night regulars won't be out.
Leverne

Eileen said...

Ok, I think I'll wimp out and exercise at home tonight.
Have fun Hot Doc guys and gals.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at DocSoup tonight. Have a good walk! See you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Yes it's raining so I will wimp out tonight as well.
Frances