Thursday 24 October 2013

Walks - Sat. Oct. 26 (a very special day) - Wed. Oct. 30

Eye Candy?
 
Saturday is quickly approaching and I'm going to suggest that we meet at 8:00 for 10 km - you'll notice this is becoming a theme...or whatever distance suits your fancy.
 
Monday and Wednesday day time walkers will do their thing & contact each other.
Monday evening - Loblaws - at 7:00 for 6 km.
Wednesday evening - Occasions - at 7:00 for 6 km.
 
Announcements:
from Grandma Charlotte - We are collecting $10 cash from everyone, if possible, to help replenish our coffers. Please bring it on Saturday. It isn't really the admission to the pot luck and it would help if everyone can contribute. Charlotte will happily accept cash on Saturday.
 
from Leverne:   Party facts:
·         The event will start at 6:30pm
·         Set up crew should arrive at 5pm
·         Please label your serving dishes and/or serving utensils
·         If your contribution needs to be hot, please bring it as warm as possible
·         If anyone has ideas for upcoming races, please bring info regarding them
·         please RSVP to Leverne - but I'm reluctant to put a private email in the blog
·         cleanup crew may want to bring rubber gloves
 
from Libby:
A friendly reminder for everyone to start thinking about race plans for 2014. I will bring a few new potentials to the pot luck. We have some registered for Robbie Burns 8K January 26th. It’s only 8K- less than many of our Saturday walks and a walker friendly race with a reasonable start time!
The early bird rate for KW walking classic in may ends November 1. If your training for a half marathon doesn’t materialize they will let you switch to the 10 or 5K distances! It is always good to have a goal as we do our weekly walks!
 
And, just for the record, we used to walk rain or shine - so see you Saturday!


25 comments:

P Dawn said...

Eye candy? Yes, the dogs are pretty cute!!!

I hope to be at TIm's tomorrow for the social piece but won't be walking as I and having a mini surgery on my toe today.

Libby said...

I will be - rain or shine- for 10K

Anonymous said...

I won't be there since the other Disney ladies are aiming for 24 km and I'll join them. Will bring my money the next time I join you.
Dianne

Anonymous said...

I have company coming tomorrow morning so will not be able to join the Saturday walk. Let me know if you would like to join me for a walk Sunday morning.

Frances

Helen said...

Saturday's forecast is cold, wet and windy. Anyone interested in deferring the 10K to Sunday? Same time, same place.

Anonymous said...

I'm game if the weather is going to better on Sunday. See you at Tim's at 8.
Lynne

Helen said...

Bob and I will walk Sunday morning, 8 am from Tim's rather than today. Hope the weather clears in time for a certain wedding celebration today. Best of everything to Susan and family!

Anonymous said...

I will join the Sunday walkers too
Leverne

debbie said...

I'm in for Sunday at 8 am as well from Tim's. Too nasty out for me today!

Trish said...

Just to let you all know that I have officially registered for Robbie Burns (though I have a cold limit of about -5C) and for the KW. Hope no one floated away this morning.

Anonymous said...

I'll do my best to join you tomorrow but please don't wait if I'm not there. Hope to see you

Dianne

Barbara said...

I will be there tomorrow at 8:00,

Barbara

debbie said...

Change of plan - I will not be out today, Sunday, after all.

Helen said...

While Jan's away, Mondays at Loblaws are "so near, and yet so far" -- awkward to get to via TTC and not on anyone's straight line to beg for a pick-up. So I'll skip Mondays or walk locally for the next few weeks. Let me know if you're in my area.

Helen said...

I should add that I could be flexible about timing for Monday evenings.

Anonymous said...

Helen,
I pick Leverne & Frances up on Mondays so I could swing by and get you too if you like?
Lynne

Helen said...

Thanks, Lynne, That's a bit of a roundabout run for you, but maybe next week I can walk over to your place. I just got back from a walk this afternoon, taking advantage of the fine weather.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and I will not be out Wednesday as we are going to the David Bowie exhibit at AGO that night. Happy walking to those who are going out.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I hope to be at Occasions tonight if I get home in time - don't wait for me, however.

Enjoy the David Bowie exhibit - it's really interesting..

Susan

Helen said...

I won't be out Wednesday because: a) I have Bob's cold, or b) I'll be at a garden presentation. Take your pick. See you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I am planning on walking tonight. Hope others show.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I took advantage of the sunshine and went out this afternoon so will not be out tonight.

Frances

Helen said...

Bob is still considering coming out on Wednesday, as long as it's a shortish distance. Lots of long days.

Anonymous said...

Shortish distance would be great. I walked this morning and am tired.

Kathleen