Thursday 17 October 2013

Walks - Sat. Oct. 19 - Wed. Oct. 23, 2013

Art?
 
Walks for this week include:
Saturday morning from Tim's at 8:00 am for 10 km - or whatever suits you. If Dianne is coming, she'll need a few walkers to help her do a longer walk as she prepares for her marathon. We know who will likely offer (this week or another time) - Sharon, Ruth, Libby, Susan, Helen....to name a few. Give us a shout Dianne if you need company.
 
Monday & Wednesday day time walkers are in full force - keep in touch with each other.
 
Monday (Loblaws) & Wednesday (Occasions) evenings at 7:00 and likely 6 or 8 will be just fine to keep us active and healthy.
 
Please remember the above are suggestions only....sign in & let others know your plans.
 
Reminders: 
The year end party is Sat. Nov. 9th. It is $10 admission plus a favourite pot luck item (sometimes I make things up, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). 
 
We still need volunteers for the awards committee - please contact Leverne or Barbara B if you are able to help. The admission fee will go towards topping up our coffers which are depleted.
 
The t-shirts are in - contact Charlotte if you have ordered one & still need to collect it. She only accepts cheques.
 
Rainer wants to remind us that the early bird deadline for the K-W Walker's classic (next May - on Mother's Day) is only available for a few more days.
 



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, thanks very much for offering up company for a longer walk. Always appreciated! But this Sunday I'm doing the Scotiabank half so I'll rest up on Saturday and look forward to reconnecting the following weekend. The support of this group is wonderful. Have a good walk together,

Dianne

Libby said...

Good luck Dianne on the scotia...and any others who are doing the race.
Arlene and I will be hiking in Algonquin park this weekend, seek you next Saturday

Ruth said...

I'm not doing the Scotiabank and not hiking, so I guess I'm out of excuses. I'll be out Saturday for whatever distance, in whatever direction, people would like to go.

Have a great race, Dianne.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Finally looks hopeful that I can make it out tomorrow! I'm assuming same place same time....I'll connect with my travel buddies;)
alexis

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow, see you at 8:00 at Tim`s.
Sheila

Helen said...

I'd call it art, Susan. And look at those walkers! Artful form.

Bob and I plan to be out on Saturday at 8 am -- relatively easy about the distance, as long as we're home by 10:30 latest.

Lou-Ann said...

Will see you on Saturday at 8:00 for whatever distance my feet take me! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Enjoy your hiking Libby and Arlene!

Leverne I will naturally help set-up and take down at the party.

P Dawn said...

I plan to be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 8.00.

For any Monday and Wednesday daytime walkers, meeting at Dawn's place at 1.30 on Monday and Lou-Ann's at 9.30 on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday.
Good luck to all Scotia walkers, Algonquin hiker, travellers to Africa and new grandmas! Busy week.

Susan

debbie said...

I'll be at Tim's for 6-7 km.
Good luck to Dianne and happy hiking to Libby and Arlene.

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning, too.

What an fabulous and adventurous group of dedicated walkers, hikers and travellers. Best of luck to the walkers and racers. Safe journey to the overseas travellers.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk Monday night (traffic permitting). Anyone else? Please say "yes".
Susan

Helen said...

I hope to be out Monday night, if it isn't raining.

Anonymous said...

If my toes weren't so sore from yesterday, I'd join you but it's not meant to be. Hope to see you soon.

Ruth, thanks for coming out to cheer. Charlotte and I were thrilled to see your friendly face not once, but twice!

Dianne

Anonymous said...

Sorry Susan I am not going to make it out tonight.

Frances

Helen said...

Bob's running late and has car. Looks like we won't make it Monday after all. If we go, it will be from home.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out Wednesday night - in Ottawa.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I've got an appointment later this afternoon in North York and don't think I will be back in time for walking. So bundle up and don't wait for me!
See you on Saturday, weather permitting.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I had planned on walking, will anyone else be at Occasions or anywhere else?
Leverne

Helen said...

Leverne, I'd like to walk this evening. If no one else is meeting at Occasions, would you mind walking from our place? Bob might be running late, as he has a meeting.

Anonymous said...

I took advantage of the little bit of sunshine this afternoon and went walking (advantage of working half days!)so I will skip tonight.

Frances

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tonight or on Saturday.

Sharon