Thursday 10 October 2013

Walks - Sat Oct. 12 - Wed. Oct. 16

Welcome Home - Congratulations & Well Done
Happy Thanksgiving to all and lets get to the details of our walks:
Saturday 8:00 am for 10 km from Tim's - my suggestion.
Monday - 8:30 am for 6-10 km from Tim's 2 - because it is a holiday for many.
Wednesday 7:00 pm for 6 km from Occasion's.
Please remember, the distances are suggestions only - anything that suits you is just fine.
The day time walkers will know to contact each other. The Eglinton & Yonge group will also contact each other. If you have other options and want company, use the blog to let others know. Diane - let us know if you need company for any of your walks - long or short.
Messages:
First from Dawn - wonderful to hear about their trip:
"Las tres amigas have returned from their Camino jaunt.    Beautiful scenery, challenging at times, but we made it.   Additional challenges included pouring rain, sharing a room with 28 others and having to clamber up to top bunks, and finding a decent breakfast!!    They don't do our breakfasts, only toast and cafe con leche.   The coffee was generally a real treat.   We averaged 16k a day and arrived in Santiago on Monday 30th September." 
You are better women than I am!
From Rainer:
An interesting walking conference in Waterloo, with presentations from Lee Scott (WOW Power walking), Dick Felton (Chi walking), as well as Pilates for walking  and walking for wellness.
There are special prices for the 2014 K-W Walking classic for the next 2 weeks  .... sign up now. It is in May 11 2014, I understand.
Hope to see some of you over the weekend - Enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend - we have lots to be thankful for.


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Camino girls and
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I can't come for awhile, I miss you all,

Val

debbie said...

Great photo, Camino superstars!

16 km a day - wow!

I'm excited to hear all about it.

Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday at Tim's!

Helen said...

You're amazing, Caminettes! Welcome home.

Happy birthday and get well soon to Val.

See you at Tim's on Saturday.

Libby said...

Welcome home to the Spanish travelers!
see you Saturday at Tim's

P Dawn said...

i hope to be at Tim's on Saturday fro who knows what distance.

See you then.

Anonymous said...

Ibienvenidas las caminas,
Hope to see everyone on Saturday at Tim's and/or Monday,

Lynne (taking a Spanish class....)

Lou-Ann said...

It is too bad I didn't take a Spanish class before doing the Camino...however my friend Dawn was a life saver with her Spanish knowledge and Sheila's French, and my charades worked on occasion! I won't be out on Saturday or Monday but am walking on Wednesday. Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your welcome back wishes. It was a great adventure and lots of fun.

I won't be out Saturday or Monday, but hope to see some of you for Wednesday's walk.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all,
Sheila

Ruth said...

Get better soon, Val. We look forward to welcoming you back, along with las caminas?, the Caminettas?

I'll be out Saturday and Monday.

Ruth

Ruth said...

Get better soon, Val. We look forward to welcoming you back, along with las caminas?, the Caminettas?

I'll be out Saturday and Monday.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Sat and Mon too. Susan, thanks for your kind offer of company for some of my long walks. I'll take you up on it in November, no doubt. Thanks! Dianne

Trish said...

Welcome home travellers! Looking forward to hearing all your tales and seeing some great pics! I won't be out Saturday or Monday (Thanksgiving Sat and apple picking Monday). Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out Saturday & Monday morning...looking forward to the stories.

Diane - I could walk a longer distance on Monday (but not Saturday) if it helps you ... let me know. Sharon likely will too....let's not tell her in advance though - sometimes she complains.
Susan
Susan

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday (coming with Leverne) and will come out Monday morning as well.

Frances

Anonymous said...

Susan, thanks for the offer re Monday. I'll do 6 km before I meet everyone tomorrow so that will get me my 16 for my weekly long walk, but I hope to do 10 km on Mon too if you're up for that? Greatly appreciate the support!, Dianne

Olwyn said...

Welcome home Caminettes; can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures! Val,feel better soon. I won't be out for another couple of weeks due to opera-overload, but I do wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving; as Rainer says, we have lots to be thankful for!

Sharon KJ said...

Dawn, nothing can stand in your way now. You can do any distance. And ladies, what wonderful memories you will have for a life time. Congratulations to each of you.

I hope that everyone has everything they need for this Thanksgiving celebration. Among all the wonderful things I am grateful for, the Shore Things are in the top ten.

I'll be out tomorrow and Susan, you know me so well!

SKJ

Helen said...

Bob and I will miss the Monday morning walk. We'll be going out in the evening, about 5:30 from our place. Let us know if you want to join us. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I will not be able to join the walk tonight (Wednesday). The sun is out now so should be nice for those who can participate tonight.

Frances

Helen said...

Bob and I have tickets to the symphony on Wednesday, so we won't be out. See you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I am home & could come out Wednesday night but it worries me that no one else has signed up, as yet....and Jan's away.

I'll wait a few minutes & check back.

Anonymous said...

sorry - that last comment was from Susan.

Anonymous said...

okay - it is 6:00 pm now and no one has signed in, so I'm heading out from home while it is still light. See you Saturday.

Susan

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tonight. I got in a skate today and learned that I need to skate more.

SKJ