Thursday 3 October 2013

Walks - Sat. Oct. 5th - Wed. Oct. 9th

Strong finish on a foggy morning
 
My suggestions is: Saturday morning at 8 am for 10 km.  Monday (Loblaws) & Wednesday Occasions) for 6 kms each day....plus, of course, the day time walkers.  Really, just come out and walk whatever suits you - it's all good.
 
Lots of messages this week: 
From Rainer:
A large group of Shore Things came out Saturday to tackle the hills of Cavan. A strange weather day - it was about 10C and visibility of about 100yds. Bob had a great race. All in all we had 5 Shore Things (tie for 3rd place finish female - Frances and her daughter) on the podium collecting a medal.
The post race grub was tasty ... home made baked beans, butter tarts, muffins, cookies and apples. These people know how to set  a tasty spread.  Again congratulations to all Shore Things for challenging the friendly hills of Cavan.
 
From Debbie:
We send our best wishes for a speedy recovery to Val, who recently tore a muscle in her leg following some exercise. She says she is feeling a little better every day, and is able to get around (slowly!) and able to drive. But her doctor says it will be several weeks before she can rejoin us on our walks. Val, we miss you!
 
From Charlotte:
Please pay by cheque ($31.64) and pick up your damn t-shirts!
 
From Leverne:
We need some volunteers to help the social committee with the work of the Shorethings Year End party on Nov. 9th.....set up, clean up, acknowledgements, etc......a few helpers would be much appreciated by our social committee. Speak to Leverne.
 
I think that's it for this week. Let me know if you would like something added in the weeks ahead. We aim to please.
The happy walkers at Cavan Race 2013
 
 
 
 


21 comments:

Ruth said...

Susan, what a lovely quote!!

Congratulations to all the Caven walkers.

I'll be out tomorrow morning at 8, for what looks like it may be a soggy 10K (but with some nice fall colours).

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'll be out too...

Susan

Helen said...

We'll be out for a wet walk. I'll have the drafts for the Ireland books for our Irelanders to review, too. So come, even if just for coffee.

debbie said...

If it's NOT raining I'll be there at 8 for 6 km.

Anonymous said...

I plan coming with Laverne...hopefully not too wet!
Frances

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out for the next two Saturdays.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow but will be there on Monday night. Congrats to the Cavan walkers!

Dianne

Anonymous said...

sorry not joining you today but thinkingnof you. we should be walking to Nadrid today instead od flying after all the eating and drinking we havw done..............

sww tou next week.

P Dawn (and my two fellow ilgrims)

Anonymous said...

Weather channel said cloud only but rain on heavy so Laverne and I likely stay at home. If not there leave without us.
Frances

debbie said...

Lovely to hear from you, Dawn!

Do you mean you are going to be the only Camino walkers who end up GAINING weight?

Can't wait to see you all and hear about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Planning to walk Monday night from Loblaws. Anyone else?

Susan

Jan said...

I think I'm going to bail tonight - still feeling lousy with a cold so would only hold you up anyway.

I hate to miss as I am going to miss quite a few coming up, but I think I need rest more than exercise tonight.

Helen said...

The rain's supposed to start at 7 pm Monday evening -- plus wind gusts. I don't relish mounting the scooter in that weather. If Bob and I walk, it will probably be locally.

Anonymous said...

Laverne, Lynne and I will not be out tonight...hope to make it Wednesday.
Frances

Anonymous said...

So, looks like a "no show" night and so I'm going to head out from home with the hope that I'll get back before the rain.


Susan

Eileen said...

I'll be out Wed night at Occasions for 7pm. If you plan to go as well check out the Fairmount Farmers Market on the way there, 2 blocks east of Occasions. Local farmers and businesses are there along with musical entertainment!

Helen said...

I'll be out at Occasions for a short walk. Bob's at Mandarin class. See you 7ish.

Anonymous said...

I will be out tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'll be out....fabulous weather....

Susan

Anonymous said...

Yes fabulous weather...I took advantage and went out for a long walk in the sunshine this afternoon...enough for one day! See you Saturday.

Frances

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tonight.

Sharon