Friday 27 September 2013

Walks - Sat. September 28 - Oct. 2

Some gals have all the fun!
 
No formal training that I'm aware of so I'm suggesting the following:
Saturday - Meet at Tim's at 8:00 am for 10 km - why not - the weather sounds lovely. Just remember that Leslie is closed between Lakeshore & the driveway to Tim's.
 
Monday at Loblaws for 6 km
Wednesday at Shoppers for 6 km.  I heard a request to switch back to Shoppers on Wednesday.
 
The day time walkers will know their schedules and meeting spots.
 
Some comments about the race last weekend from Helen:
Our race weekend started at Michelle's in her spiffy new apartment (moved only 10 days ago) for pasta dinner  -- delicious, and she and partner Gilles were most gracious hosts.
 On race morning, the weather looked touch and go, it was chilly and there were some sprinkles but the big rains held off till after we all finished. Yay! (Then it really came down.) Ottawa-Hull's prettiest bits were along the course, with lots of photo ops. And we all did well. Bob was off his goal time of 2:30 by only about 50 seconds, Ruth, Arlene and Libby were their usual lightning fast and Sharon said she took a minute off her best time. Eva was about five minutes ahead of Team Trish, with Cheryl and Helen, at the end -- and Trish was very happy with her relatively pain-free finish. The cool thing at the end, besides the dogtag-style medal, was a zip-up gauze jacket with hood instead of a mylar blanket. Useful for our next big race. All those surveyed said they'd do the race again.
 
A group of our walkers will be heading to participate in the Caven race - enjoy the countryside, do well, and enjoy those butter tarts!
 
See you Saturday.


16 comments:

Ruth said...

Yay. No more training walks (at least not for a while!).

And, since I managed to resist those Caven butter tarts, I'll be at Tim's at 8:00 tomorrow.

Ruth

Helen said...

I'll be with the buttertarts (and hills) on Saturday. See you Monday.

Maybe we should have an informal poll about Wednesday's location, as those I talked to like the idea of a permanent switch to Occasions. However, let the votes be counted. Maybe I'll add a poll to the website.

Helen said...

So I've added a poll in the right column on the blog. Let's keep the voting to those who actually intend to come out on Wednesday nights (the daytime Wednesday group has a different launch point).

You have till next Wednesday, Oct. 2 to state your preference, so that Susan can include it in her next blog. However, many of our Wednesday night regulars will be at Doc Soup this week, so won't be out.


Anonymous said...

I have to do a longer walk this week so will head out with the TPW on Saturday. Hope to join you on Monday evening, though. Congrats on the great results!

Dianne

Olwyn said...

I'll be with the butter tarts (!) on Saturday; and then into full-on opera-mode for a while. Will see everyone when time allows!

debbie said...

Kudos to all the Ottawa halfers --sounds like it was a fun race.

I'll be at Tim's at 8 am for 6-7 km.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at Tim's on Sat.

And, I've answered the poll re: Wednesday location for our evening walk.

Susan

Trish said...

I won't be out tomorrow morning. Taking a me weekend. No alarms aloud.

Trish said...

I won't be out tomorrow morning. Taking a me weekend. No alarms aloud.

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow, either. I think I'll drive out Peterborough-way to take some photos of the (hopefully) changing leaves.

Enjoy the weekend one and all, whatever you decide to do!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I won't be out Monday - working late - or Wednesday due to Doc Soup. See you Saturday.

Susan

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight if it's not raining - looks ok so far.

Anonymous said...

Laverne, Lynne and I will be out tonight.

Frances

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Wednesday evening.
Frances

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out this evening. Looking forward to enjoying the fabulous weather.

Sharon

Sharon KJ said...

Just realized it is a "Doc" night. I'll be out if I see that anyone else is venturing out.

SKJ