Friday 26 July 2013

Walks July 27th - July 31st - updated post

IMG_2323 by theshorethings
IMG_2323, a photo by theshorethings on Flickr.
Lou Ann's Lovely Ladies Lounging

We are likely going to be a small group this week, given that our Dubliners have flown the coop. Their race is next week. We wish them the very best. Make Us Proud! We also have a few people vacationing, entertaining, attending appointments or making excuses, but I know the dedicated group will be out and raring to go. Please sign in so we will know who to expect on each of our walk days.
 
Distances: Midsummers is 14K for Saturday and 10 and 8 K during the week.
Ottawa ramps up for 16K Saturday with 8K for both week days.
I do have a suggested route and destination for your consideration. Did you happen to see the article in The Star about the beanstalk that has grown beyond the roof at Allen's Gardens?  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity as this plant will dry once it blooms - later this fall. Check out the article: http://www.thestar.com/life/2013/06/21/beanstalk_breakthrough_at_torontos_allan_gardens.html

I suggest that we walk through Riverdale, through Riverdale Park, through Cabbagetown to Allen's Gardens to check out this plant and then return. It will be about 10 km return (or just less) and honestly, it is a once in a life time opportunity.  Any interest? Start time 7:30 am.  ....Or whatever gets stated in the comments section - Ottawa folks may want to start earlier. Flexibility is our goal.

Monday and Wednesday day time group - you folks know your routine. Email each other.
Otherwise, for the evening folks, Monday is from Loblaws; Wednesday is from Occasions; both start at 7:00 (or in my case, 7:03). If I figure out the distances, I'll add them in the comments section....but to be safe if it is raining, walk 6 km; if no rain, walk 10 kms.

18 comments:

P Dawn said...

I think I'd like to see the plant at Allen's gardens. So, all things being equal, I'll be there at Tim's at 7.30.

If it's pouring rain, that is different situation altogether.......

debbie said...

That Jack and the Beanstalk plant sounds intriguing! I'd love to see it...So I'll be at Tim's at 7:30 am.

Dawn, the weather forecast is for partly sunny until 10 am, then cloudy, and rain only later in the afternoon.

See you all tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I plan to be there at 7:30, see you then.
Sheila

Libby said...

I'll be there for 7:30 but may need to do a longer distance than 10K. (14K as I did the 16 last Sunday)
Allen's Gardens route sounds fine.
I could start earlier if anyone else is willing to do a longer distance and meet the group at Allen's garden
I'll check the blog

Lou-Ann said...

I am game to walk to see Mr Bean. I got into Helen's post but no Susan's for some reason.

Anonymous said...

I'm struggling with the blog. The one from "Helen" is actually me, not Helen, and seems to occur when I select a photo from flickr.

I'll be out at 7:30 and glad to do the Allen's Garden route.

Anonymous said...

Libby and I are meeting at 6:45 to do a 4 km circle & back to Tim's by 7:30; then we'll walk with the group to Allen's Gardens.

Anyone else want to join us for a total of 14ish?

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Enjoyed our walk to see Mr Bean, a nice change of scenery.

Anonymous said...

Planning to walk tonight (Monday) from Loblaws, traffic permitting.

Anyone else?

Susan

Jan said...

I'll be out - need to wake myself up!

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out this evening.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Sorry running late not able to come out tonight...hope to make it Wednesday. Frances

Anonymous said...

I plan to be at Occasions tonight at 7:00 pm. Hope to see some of you then & there....traffic permitting.

Jan said...

Don't think I'm going to make it tonight - not feeling great and some month-end deadlines to work on.

Anonymous said...

Can't be there either - still in Burlington at 5:30 & starting to rain.

Susan

Sharon KJ said...

I will not be out again, this evening. I sure hope that I can make it for Saturday.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Okay so looks like all giving miss tonight plus probably raining. Will see you all Saturday at Tim's at 7.30 am.
Frances

Helen said...

You don't know rain till you've visited Ireland. Thinking of you all between the raindrops. Slainte!