Wednesday 15 May 2013

Walks: Victoria Day Weekend and Wed. May 22

Our world in living colour
My usually reliable sources didn't send me any pix from the Sporting Life 10K, so you'll have to be content with a colourful view from tonight's walk. However, I did hear that – despite the cold and wind last Sunday – all our Shore Things were winners. A race report from Libby:
Ruth continues to lead us all with a blazing time of 1:12. Eva, Cheryl (1:26) – supported by Ralph and myself (1:14) – had PB times! perhaps spurred by the cold. Norma (1:18), David 1:04 (the runner), Trish, Olwyn (1:34), Ellen (1:26), Cynthia (way to go 1:43) and Marilyn (1:27) all finished strong.
Congratulations to all of you! Let us know if we missed out on any personal bests.

This Saturday, the Niagara crew have 18K on your schedule (if you're following the old schedule, which I assume you are – speak up if you're doing things differently or starting early). Dubliners, it's 10K using the new schedule. As always, you set your own distance and pace.

Monday, being a holiday, there's a morning option starting at 9 am at Tim's 2 (Vic Park & Gerrard) – if you prefer to start earlier, make a plea in the comments. Ditto if you prefer to meet in the evening on Monday. 10K for Niagara; 8K for Dublin.

Wednesday is just a normal Wednesday: Shoppers at 7 pm. 10K for Niagara; 5K for Dublin.

Have a great long weekend, everyone. Break out the sunscreen and be careful of those fireworks.

20 comments:

Olwyn said...

Hi Helen, I'll forward Sporting Life photos soon! Lovely photo of Wednesday's walk, though. Planning to be out Saturday mornign for a 10k; see everyone then!

Trish said...

Eva Cheryl and I are doing our 18k on Sunday. Leaving from my place about 8:30. Coffee at Rahier after. Let me know if you would like to join us.
Have a great long weekend.

Lou-Ann said...

Won't be out this weekend, will see everyone on the 25th. Have a wonderful long weekend!

Anonymous said...

I won't be out this weekend...family in town, see you next week.
Sheila

Helen said...

Bob & I won't be out Saturday or Monday. See you on Wednesday. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out Saturday morning - at 8:00 for at least 10 km.

Is there a group leaving earlier for longer? May consider joining you, if I could keep up - not sure.

Susan

Ruth said...

I'll be out Saturday morning at 8:00, but just for a short walk. Ellen and I are doing our 18K today.

Happy long weekend to everyone.

Ruth

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out at 8 for 10k

Anonymous said...

Rainer and I will be out at 8.. thinking of doing the Spit and possibly 10-12k..
Margy

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday, 8 AM, for a 10-12K walk and I wouldn't mind a walk from Tim's 2 on Monday.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

And for those I will not see this weekend, have a wonderful three days off, rain or shine.

God bless, Queen Victoria.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'll join you, Sharon, at 9:00 am on Monday at Tim's 2.
Anyone else?
Susan

Lou-Ann said...

My plans changed and will walk from Tim's 2 on Monday at 9:00am; see you Sharon and Susan there.

Jan said...

I'll be out for 9 am tomorrow at.Tim's 2 for 8ish?? Km

Olwyn said...

I may not be out Monday morning for the walk from Tim's; don't wait for me if I'm not there by 9am! I've been working all weekend, and if I can sleep in, I will! Happy Victoria Day to all!

Anonymous said...

Anyone planning on walking tonight? Just checked the weather and there is a 70% chance of thundershowers tonight.....

Lynne

Jan said...

I just checked the Weathernetwork and they are predicting a 90% chance of rain starting now! But I just went outside - blue sky, not a cloud in sight - yet. So I'll be out unless it starts to rain.

Helen said...

Looking pretty grim out there. Unless the sun comes out at just before 7 pm, I'll probably stay out of the lightning zone on Wednesday. Will check in closer to our walk.

Jan said...

Guess I jinxed it when I said it was blue sky! I'll wait and see also

Helen said...

It looks like we're giving Wednesday a pass. See you Saturday morning.