Wednesday 29 May 2013

Walks: Sat-Wed, June 1 to 5

View from the Island Garden Tour
This is the big weekend for the Niagara Falls Women's Half. We wish all of our Niagara gals – and you are many – a fun weekend and a great race. Bring home the medals. And wine.

For the rest of us, Saturday means 14K for the Dubliners; a mere 8K for the Midsummer crew (might be a crew of one). If I recall, 14K can be accomplished by adding the Peanut to the boardwalk route, there and back – and, of course, the boardwalk is 8K. That would put us all on the same path.

Is it time to shift our start to 7:30? Chime in with your opinions. The weather is starting to warm up.

Monday and Wednesday, everyone has 6K, both days. I'm going to suggest moving to Occasions for the Wednesday walks, and adding hills. Takers? There's an optional beer in it for you afterwards.

For next year, Rainer proposes the Cleveland Half, May 18, 2014. The early-earlybird rate is $40 for the half marathon if you sign up by this Friday, May 31, 2013. Quite a discount! We did this race last in 2007, and included a good visit to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame. The course is described as flat and fast, if that appeals, and Cleveland was a relatively easy drive. Let Dawn know if you sign up.

Thanks to Norma for the play-by-play of the Robin family. Sorry to hear you're now an empty nester.

Happy birthday to our birthday girls, Trish and Susan! Hope the sun shines on you both.

And remember to let Libby know if you'll be attending the alternative walk from her place on Saturday, June 15.  There's a breakfast afterwards – a great way to kick off the summer.

Finally, save the date for the Annual Shore Things Pool Party at Lou-Ann's: Saturday, July 13! Yay!

20 comments:

Helen said...

I (Helen) am reposting this for Val, so that her email address isn't made public on the blog:

Is anybody doing the 8 km on Saturday from Tim's? I could be there at 7.30 or 8, please let me know. I just got back from Turkey and bit out of touch,

Val

P Dawn said...

Happy birthday to the birthday women, Trish and Susan.

Won't be out on Saturday as wil be on my way to Niagara. See you next week.

Lou-Ann said...

I also am on my way to Niagara so enjoy your walk Saturday morning friends. Bestest wishes to Susan and Trish!

Anonymous said...

Best Wishes for a great event in Niagara to all of those who are travelling there to complete it.

I'll be out on Saturday - either start time works for me. I will assume 8:00 but will check back late tonight, just in case the vote is to switch. I'll likely do the Dublin distance.

Susan

Libby said...

Good luck to the Niagara crowd. Happy Birthday Susan and Trish
Baring a thunderstorm I will be out Saturday and like Susan will check website for time. Assume 8 for another week maybe?

Anonymous said...

Leverne & I are interetested in starting a little earlier at 7.30am for the 14k, anyone else? Of course that is weather permitting.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 7:30 for 14 km with Lynne & Leverne. I hope I can keep up with you two.

Susan

Helen said...

I wouldn't mind starting at 7:30 for 14K -- if my buddies agree. If the 8K people start at 8, then we'd all finish at roughly the same time.

Jan said...

I'm up for a 730 start, as long as it's not thundering and lightening

Jan said...

And hope all of the Niagara people have a great weekend - hope the weather cooperates

Anonymous said...

The Niagara Gals had a great day. Rain held off, good times, a fun event, strong finishes by all the participants, congratulations to all.

I wore out my cow bell .... need to get a new one for next year
Rainer

Trish said...

It was a great race despite the fact the several water stations ran out of water early and one ran out of both water and power aid. Great medals, beautiful route, cheerful volunteers. A great thanks to our own Shorethings cheering section.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Niagara racers. Sounds like it was a success.

I plan to be at Loblaws on Monday night. Anyone else?

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'll be there tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Me too.
Lynne

Helen said...

Hope to be out Monday night for a brisk sixsk.

Jan said...

Me too

Trish said...

I like the Wednesday night switch to Occassions however between hip, knee and feet I won't be out this week. A few more chiro visits and should be back on track next week.

Helen said...

Hope to see you at Occasions for some hill work. Only 6K! We'll be sipping a brew in under an hour!

Jan said...

Hills!! Yay.....