Thursday 18 April 2013

Walks: Sat-Wed, April 20 to 24

The Spit trails damaged by last week's storm
Do I dare say "perfect weather" for Saturday's long walk? Okay, I'll risk it.

On the training schedules for this weekend: May races, 18K (although the keeners are dragging me along for 20K, starting at 7 am); June race, 13K. You're getting into the big ones now.

Monday and Wednesday: 10K and 10K for May, 8K and 10K for June.

As always, your distance is your own choice. Please sign in to state where you'll be, and when.

We had an excellent turnout for the new Shore Things management committee, and changes will happen over the next couple of months. A big thank you to all volunteers. We certainly have "many hands" so it will be "light work."

If you wanted to volunteer but couldn't make it to the info session, don't worry. All roles will run for one-year terms, so you can help out in future.

My darling husband Bob is this week's birthday boy. Happy birthday, baby!

Good luck to Olwyn in this Sunday's Yonge Street 10K! Hope you make the finish line in good time for your opera. We count on you for pictures.


10 comments:

P Dawn said...

I will be out on Saturday for 13k in what Helen promises to be 'perfect' weather. If anyone is interested in daytime walks on Monday and Wednesday, please contact me.

Happy Birthday Bob.

Finally, to let people who weren't there on Sunday, it is taking about one dozen people to do the job that ONE PERSON (Helen). did for so long.

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Helen, I'll let you know how the Yonge St 10k is, and if I make it to the opera on time! Happy Birthday Bob; hope you'll be well feted ~
I won't be out this Sat, Mon or Wed, due to opera-ating, but happy walking to you all as the weather turns to spring.

Ruth said...

Good luck Olwyn - enjoy the race.

Lou-Ann said...

See my fellow walking Saturday for our 13K walk. You go girl "Olwyn", I am sending sunshine for you!
Best wishes to you Bob on your Birthday coming up.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late post...see you at 8 for 13k at Tim's.

Happy B'Day Bob!
Sheila

Helen said...

Hi, folks. Jan is feeling under the weather, and so am I. We'll miss Monday's walk. Not sure about Bob yet.

Anonymous said...

Anyone else going for a walk this evening?

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! In the enԁ I gοt a blog frоm ωhere I
knоw hoω to іn fact obtаin useful information concеrning my study and knoωledgе.


Αlso visit my weblog - http://laengerdurchhalten.net/

Jan said...

Well I was planning on walking but the rain doesn't look too promising. Helen I could go in the morning or Friday morning if the weather is scheduled to be better

Helen said...

The animated weather map shows rain running from about 7 pm to 9 or 10. I'm glad for the gardens, but not for me.

Jan, Thursday morning would work for me. Would you be up for 10K? *cringe*