Thursday 11 April 2013

Walks: Sat-Wed, April 13 to 17

You put your right foot in. That's what it *is* all about.
A very good day for races, last Saturday. Shore Things looked resplendent on both sides of the city, at the Harry's 8K and the Beaches Spring Sprint. Taking part and having fun is what it's all about!

This Saturday, the May racers get into serious distances. Some are even doing 20K. That's a little steep for my blood, with 16K on my schedule. So please sign in to say where you'll be.

June racers, it's a mere 10K. A bagatelle!

Monday and Wednesday it's 10K & 10K for May, and 6K and 8K for June. Let's have no more of this nonsense weather.

Have happy birthdays, Jim and Nishe! Hope the birthday elves treat you well.

For those wondering how to take over the world… or the world of the Shore Things… I invite you for coffee and chat this Sunday, April 14 at my place from 2:30 to 4 pm. It isn't hard, really.

13 comments:

P Dawn said...

Happy birthday to Jim and Nishe.

I hope to be out on Sturday (as long as it is not slippery) for 10 0r 11k.

I'll be at your place for coffee on SUnday, Helen.

Lou-Ann said...

Will see my walking friends Saturday and I will also be at your house Helen.

Birthday wishes to Nishe (where ever you are) and Jim!

Olwyn said...

I'm hoping to be out Sat morning, though I may have done something to my knee; will see how I'm feeling in the morning. Helen, I'll try to be there Sunday afternoon if I can; I'm working, so not sure if I can get the time off; if not, count me in for another session ~ thanks! Happy birthday to Jim and Nishe!

Trish said...

The plan is to be out in the morning. 10+ with Dawn sounds good. Weather network says it's not supposed to rain til 11.

Helen said...

For any JeansMarines alumns, Fiona passes tells us that Bob and Jean were unhurt by today's explosions at the Boston Marathon. Jean finished 10 minutes before they went off.

I hope to be out Monday evening. 10K will take us the long way round to Rosetta McClain. Enjoying the change in weather and counting my blessings.

Lou-Ann said...

My prayers to the families that have been affected by the terrible explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Anonymous said...

Jean was on my mind and I am so glad that she is safe. This has really shaken me. My thoughts are with all the participants and the families of the victims. Thank you for the update Helen.

I wonder how this will affect Cincinnati.

I will be out tonight.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

obviously, I need to listen to the news....will do so....

And, I plan to be out Monday night. Hope to see some of you there.

Susan

Olwyn said...

I won't be out on Wed night as I'm working, but I sure am thinking about those Boston marathon participants; my heart goes out to them. I'm doing the Yonge St 10k on Sunday morning, so may not be out on Saturday. Wishing everyone a good week!

Jan said...

I plan to be out - any takers?

Anonymous said...

I will join you Jan.

Denise

Anonymous said...

I'll be out this evening. Just got in. Please wait for me.

Thanks,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

i'll be out
Leverne