Thursday 7 March 2013

Walks: Sat-Wed, March 9 to 13

Yes, we are a group of well-balanced individuals!
Great walk last week for those who met at High Park, but this Saturday we return to our home grounds at Tim's. Those training for the May 5th race(s) have 11K on their schedule. Everyone else, come out and do your own thing. The later race schedules haven't kicked in yet.

Race trainees, Monday it's 8K and Wednesday it's 6K. Being March Break, those who are off might prefer to do a morning walk. Please sign in to suggest when and where you'll be.

Congratulations to the Chilly Half racers, especially to Arlene and Rainer who were each first in their age category. To give you an idea how tough the field was this year, our speed demon Ruth (with a blazing time of 2:40) finished 12th (that's twelfth) amongst walkers. Pretty darned crazy.

A reminder to the Ireland planning group that we will be meeting at Barbara's on Sunday at 1 pm. Bring all your ideas, brochures, and brogue. Or come even if you're still sitting on the fence.

We have big groups doing some upcoming races. It's always more fun that way. Check our Interests List to see what the cool kids are doing. Please let Dawn know if she should add your name to a race.

Mary, we haven't seen you in a while, but that won't stop us from wishing you a hap-hap-happy birthday!

16 comments:

Olwyn said...

Fun photo, Helen!
I'll be out Saturday morning;see everyone then.

P Dawn said...

well balanced?????

I may join you at TIm's on Saturday morning, if not for a short walk, then for coffee. But, I might surprise myself and go for a SLOW walk as I'm now able to wear shoes........

debbie said...

Hey, Dawn, that would be great if you can join us, even for a slow and short walk!

I'll be out Saturday for whatever distance I feel like at the time.

I know, nothing like discipline!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday, ready for 11 km to make up for my lack of action this week.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday, ready for 11 km to make up for my lack of action this week.
Susan

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday or next week. Heading off to Victoria for a week with my youngest. Have a great week. Dawn - glad you can get your shoes on again!

Anonymous said...

I'm out of town so won't be there tomorrow, see you next time.
Sheila

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out for whatever walk, yahoo I'm bringing my sidekick! For all away enjoy your March Break, also think of you Jan and Ray!
Nice picture Helen, all they need is blades on those shoes!

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be walking Monday.

Anonymous said...

ӏ belіeνe that is amοng thе
so much vital info for mе. Anԁ і'm satisfied reading your article. But should commentary on few general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is in reality excellent : D. Good task, cheers

My blog post - click through the up coming document

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk Monday evening from Loblaws unless it is pouring. I'll check the blog to see if anyone else plans to be there before heading out....
Susan

Helen said...

Susan, sorry but Bob & I will be walking tomorrow morning from home. Hope you get company, as the rain seems to be on hold for the moment.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking from home on Wednesday evening -- 6-8K. Let us know if you'd like to join us.

Olwyn said...

Helen, I'd like to join you and Bob tonight (Wed) from your place at 7. See you then.

Helen said...

Olwyn, See you here at 7. H.

Anonymous said...

Helen, I will join you from your place at 7 as well. See you then.

Denise