Thursday 20 December 2012

Walks: Sat. Dec. 22 and Christmas week

Happy, Shore Things! All finished the 2012 Challenge!
Saturday will be a great time for us all to get reacquainted. No long distances. No breakneck speeds. Just some pre-Xmas calorie-burning. And I mean that in the least calorie-burning sort of way.

Next week, Monday falls on Christmas Eve and Wednesday falls on Boxing Day. I'm going to leave it up to you to organize yourselves, should you want to get together. I believe that Margy and Rainer are bound for Hamilton on Dec. 26 to do the Boxing Day 10-Miler. As always, I admire their stamina.

Six of us will be at Wow's Winter Solstice Muffin Walk on Sunday at 8 am in Oakville – or, as I've called it, the Post-Solstice Awalkolypse. We'll pick up 2012 Challenge medals for all the finishers. There are still a couple of seats in the cars. Contact me if you want to go.

Next weekend is the Resolution 5K. Debbie is organizing a car pool and a brunch, so if you've registered but aren't on the interest list yet, please drop me or Debbie a line. Charlotte has offered to pick up race kits, so let her know if you'd like her to get yours. Thanks to both for stepping up!

Eva is this post's birthday girl. Hope you're nice and cosy and enjoying your special day.

If I don't see you before, have a Merry Christmas, everyone! May Santa bring us what we want – including, and perhaps most of all, peace on earth.

18 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I am finally back (not that you may have noticed I was not around), looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning for some kind of walk! Birthday wishes to Eva, and Christmas wishes to all that I may not see before December 25th!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas everyone! I will not be out on Saturday as I am heading south for some sun....also a Happy New Year.....I hope....unless the world ends tomorrow, in which case, goodbye!

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eva. Have a great trip Lynne. And, I look forward to walking on Saturday...see some of you then.
Susan

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning, then on SUnday will be heading to the sea and sun for two weeks.

Happy Birthday, Eva , and Merry Christmas to you al. As we have gone past the time of the world's end, I can also wish you all the best for the New Year. I wonder if Lee has any bright ideas for us for 2013........

Anonymous said...

Walking during the week -
I would love to walk any or most mornings until I have to return to work on Jan. 2nd. Any interest? I'd suggest 8:30 start from Loblaws or Tim's ....
Please, someone, say "yes".
Susan

Libby said...

Merry christmas and have a great trip Lynne. Happy birthday Eva. I plan to be out tomorrow (and Sunday!)Lee has a 2013 challenge involving time vs distance...details to follow.

Anonymous said...

Hi All, just to let you know I checked with Tiffany to confirm my total kilometreage and she had only 1911km for me including my December total. So it may be worth it to check on the mileage she has recorded for you. It would be a shame to put in all the work and not get the credit.
Leverne

Ruth said...

We'll vouch for you, Leverne!!

Happy holidays to everyone, and I hope that Lee's ideas for 2013 involve sleeping in on the weekend!!!

Happy birthday Eva, happy travels Lynne and Dawn.

I'll be out tomorrow morning.

Ruth

Ruth said...

We'll vouch for you, Leverne!!

Happy holidays to everyone, and I hope that Lee's ideas for 2013 involve sleeping in on the weekend!!!

Happy birthday Eva, happy travels Lynne and Dawn.

I'll be out tomorrow morning.

Ruth

Trish said...

Don't think I will be out in the morning. Just too many things to get done. Wishing everyone the very merriest holiday season.

Jan said...

I plan on going out tomorrow am - hope the weather cooperates. If I don't see you Merry Christmas to everyone in the "Shore Things" family!

Anonymous said...

-Happy birthday, Eva!
-Happy holidays to Lynne and Dawn who will be heading south for a warmer version of Christmas.
-Happy holidays to Barbara B who will be flying home for Christmas.
-I will be out in the morning as long as the weather conditions improve over what is happening outside right now (10:43 pm).
-Susan, I am off until Jan. 7 and would very much like to walk as long as I can get "my" car from my daughter.
-Happy holidays to those I may not see during the week.
-Laverne, I used the spreadsheet created by Jan to record my mileage and I have been asked to verify my mileage three times. I even forwarded the spreadsheet. As long as you are happy with your results, really, nothing else matters.

See you tomorrow.
SKJ

Helen said...

Hope to see you all on Saturday morning for a short walk,if we don't blow away.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone up for a walk on Wed (26th) morning, maybe around 8:30?
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Leverne, where do you want to walk from?

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Loblaws at Vic Park and Gerrard?
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'll be there but not on the dot. Just getting dressed.

See you soon.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

ok see you there.
Lev