Thursday 22 November 2012

Walks: Sat-Wed, Nov. 24 to 28

You never know hoooooo! you'll meet while walking
Dawn captured the picture of this watchful owl on a morning walk in Taylor Creek Park. What a beautiful creature – and the owl is, too! As we're chatting on our walks, it pays to keep our eyes open.

Let's meet on Saturday at 8 am at Tim's to see what we'll see. Some 2012 Challengers still have distance to make up. Those who do can settle how far to go on the morning of, but I'd suggest 10-ish. However, these are easy days; maintenance only, for most Shore Things. We encourage newbies and lapsed Things to join us now, especially on Saturdays.

Monday and Wednesday, Nuckle-down November-ers who walk in the evenings will probably aim for 8K, weather willing. There are roving daytime walks both days – let me know if you need to find them.

I see a number of familiar names (and perhaps more hidden in the blanks) on the Resolution 5K confirmation list. If you want to be amongst them, do it before the next jump in fees on Dec. 1st.

Or if you want to try something truly ridiculous, in all the best ways, consider the Santa Suit 5K in Burlington, which "runs" – although you don't have to – earlier on Dec. 8th. They expect 4,000 Santas this year, a new record. Hint from one who's been there: don't lose sight of each other in the crowd.

For those who ordered yearbooks, they're heee-re. If you give your money to Charlotte, she will allow me to give you one. I'll have them and the one spare calendar (Norma's?) on Saturday.

No birthdays this week, but a Happy Thanksgiving wish to all Things of an American persuasion.


11 comments:

Olwyn said...

Beautiful photo of the owl, Dawn!
I won't be out this Saturday, as I'll be at our Holly Berry Bazaar (shameless plug alert...), taking place at St Dunstan of Canterbury Church, 56 Lawson Rd in Scarborough, from 9am ~ 2pm. I'll be there with my photo cards, and Cheryl, Eva and Cynthia will be set up with seasonal treats, gifts, and amazing things! Come join us after the walk and have some fun!

P Dawn said...

I won't be out on Saturday as I have a rotten cold. Fortunately I don't feel obliged to make up any distance.............

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out Saturday as I am gingerbreading, enjoy your walk. Not shameless in the plus Olwyn, it is a good idea. I would love to come but baking...hope your church sale is successful and fun.

Anonymous said...

should say "plug" not plus.

Anonymous said...

I'm not able to be out tomorrow...off to Conestogo. See you next week, have a good walk.
Sheila

debbie said...

Planning to be out tomorrow, all bundled up!

Trish said...

I won't be out in the morning. Hope it doesn't snow tonight. Happy trails.

Anonymous said...

Anyone going out to walk tonight?
Kathleen

Helen said...

Hope to be at Loblaws tonight, wheels depending.

Anonymous said...

Ok I will be there then.

K

Jan said...

I'm a comin'