Thursday 15 November 2012

Walks: Sat-Wed, Nov. 17-21

What a healthy-looking group!
Thank you, Shore Things, for a great year-end bash and for your thoughtful gift. I'll be "taking the waters" for my health and thinking of you all very kindly.

One calendar remains to be claimed. Please let me know if it's yours. Also, I will be placing a calendar re-order this weekend for some latecomers, so if you forgot to request one, contact me quickly.

Saturday, as the weather is predicted to be fine, a few catchers-up for the 2012-in-2012 Challenge will be doing a Nuckle-down November walk of 16K. We want to rack up as many klicks as we can before the December crunch. Don't let our foolhardiness intrepidity stop you from coming out for a shorter distance – make the most of these late fall days.

Monday and Wednesday might have the same fate. Last night, four of us set out to do 8K – and (okay, mea culpa) ended up accidentally doing 10.5K. Let's aim for 8K and see what happens.

The interests list on our blog is now updated – please contact Dawn or myself if you'd like to add your name to any event, or if you're suggesting a new one. Get those earlybird rates, folks!

More and more Shore Things insist on being born on the same day. This week is a triple-header: Ruth, Marilyn and Ellen – have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Olwyn said...

I'll be out Saturday morning with a Shore Thing Alumni, Marilyn Dalzell, who is visiting Toronto for a couple of days from the west coast; she's looking forward to seeing everyone again! Happy Birthday to the birthday girls ~ And a big THANK YOU to Lou-Anne for again organizing our year-end bash at her church; it was a most wonderful evening! And thanks to the Awards committee for those wonderful awards; so much fun!

Ruth said...

I'll be out on Saturday. Count me in as one of those who needs to do 16K towards my November distance. To say nothing of needing to walk off all the wonderful food I ate at the pot luck.

Thank you to the awards committee for my favorite medal of the year. And to Sharon for providing me with not just one but two cars!!

Ruth

debbie said...

Thanks to a great gang for the lovely year-end party, and as you said, Olwyn, special thanks to Lou-Ann for emabling us to celebrate at her church.

I'm in Montreal visiting family for a few days, so I'll miss you all Saturday.

But I'll be at Dawn's for the Monday walk at 1:30 pm.

Hsve a great weekend, everyone!

debbie said...

Thanks to a great gang for the lovely year-end party, and as you said, Olwyn, special thanks to Lou-Ann for emabling us to celebrate at her church.

I'm in Montreal visiting family for a few days, so I'll miss you all Saturday.

But I'll be at Dawn's for the Monday walk at 1:30 pm.

Hsve a great weekend, everyone!

P Dawn said...

I'd like to echo all the thanks fo everyone for a great evening last Saturday. What more can I say?

I'll be there on Saturday, but not for 16k. Perhaps 10k........

Also, Monday afternoon at 1.30 from my house and Wednesday morning at 9.00 from Lou-Anns house. Please let me know if you are going to join us.

Anonymous said...

What a great do we had, food and company, thanks Lou-Ann!
I'm hoping Saturday is fine and we do our longish walk with the sun shining on our backs.
See you then,
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I would like to add my thanks to all who made our annual get togther so much fun.
I am caving in to peer pressure and will be out tomorrow for 16k even though I do not need to do it!
Hoping for another lovely day like today.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday, I'm assuming for 8:00 am. I may consider doing the long walk ...

Susan

Trish said...

I will be out in the morning. Thinking about 10k like Dawn.

Helen said...

Hope to see the Monday night crew out... on Monday night. A lovely day for a walk. I'd be up for 8-10K, as sadly it turns out that I'm not caught up after all. Will check in closer to 7 pm.

Anonymous said...

I plan on coming out tonight for a brisk walk...
See you at 7
Lynne

Helen said...

Is anyone else walking on Monday night?

Helen said...

Lynne, we must have been writing at the same time. See you at 7... if my compadres get home in time.

Anonymous said...

I plan on being there.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I hope to be there, but don't wait if not.
Susan

Jan said...

I'm home and will be ready to go shortly