Friday 6 July 2012

Walks: Sat-Wed, July 7 to 11

Taking a break from the heat
Detroit marathoners have 14K on tap – and, with the rain forecast, that might be literally on tap – for Saturday. A reminder that those doing the longer distance will start at 7 am unless I hear loud protests and cogent arguments in the comments. Please sign in to state your intentions, and come prepared.

Monday is 10K and Wednesday is a 6K tempo – but we'll be guided by the weather. Bob & I actually did a not bad 6.5K tempo-ish walk in the valley on Wednesday evening, when everyone else had decided to give it a pass. It was significantly cooler and shadier down there.

Those with time off might be interested in meeting up earlier in the day. Dawn H. is the point-person for daytime walks. This week, there are special plans for Wednesday. Let me know if you don't have her contact info.

The potluck pool party at Lou-Ann's is a week from Saturday on July 14th. Hope you can make it.

Also, let me know if you want to be added to our Ireland mini-mailing for the Dublin Half 2013.

Birthday girls this week are Shore Things alumna, Michelle, and Leverne. Two hot mamas, in any weather. Hope your days are filled with good things.

Stay cool!

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Almost any sort of weather will be better than today's heat. I'll be out tomorrow morning.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tomorrow at 7:00 as long as it's not pouring, would like to be added to the Ireland trip info, and plan to attend the Lou-Ann's pool party...I think I covered everything, hope to see you tomorrow.

Sheila

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 7.00. Not sure what the distance will be though.

debbie said...

I'll be at Tim's at 7 unless it's pouring.

Thinking to do 7-8 km....don't want to push it in this heat!

Lou-Ann said...

I will also be out for the 7:00 Tim's walk. I would also like to be added to the Ireland trip, not sure at this point if I can come but am interested.

Anonymous said...

The weather does not sound promising for tomorrow. Pending the weather conditions upon waking, I will be there for 7. I would like to be included in the emails regarding Ireland. I don't know if I can make it but never say never.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's at 7:00

Susan

Barbara said...

I haven't abandoned the group contrary to the evidence! I decided I needed to go to the doctor with my increasingly persisitent cough and lack of breath. Now on puffers etc. so plan to be back in action soon! All very frustrating.
Hope you managed to find a dry spot this morning in that down pour.
I plan to be out Monday night. I miss seeing you all!

Anonymous said...

Anyone going walking tonight?

Sharon

Helen said...

Bob & I will be out on Monday, Sharon, but not walking too, too briskly.

Anonymous said...

See you at 7.

Sharon

Helen said...

Not that there's anyone left to read this, but Bob & I walked Wednesday morning, so won't be out tonight. If you're walking, have a good 'un.