Thursday 12 July 2012

Walks: Sat-Wed, July 14 to 18

What's missing from this picture?
Detroit marathoners, you're getting into the big time now: 16K, starting at 7 am from Tim's. We have three possible routes planned, dependent on weather and willingness: East, north or west. Let us know who's coming. If you're training for the KW Half, it's 10K.  Everyone, please judge your own distance.

Saturday afternoon, Lou-Ann and Paul are our gracious hosts for pool-based revelry similar to that shown above. Please be gracious, too, and send them an RSVP. So far, the weather looks ideal.

Monday and Wednesday, the schedule says 8K and 6K tempo. With school out, the morning group has been popular. If you want to join them, contact Dawn. If you need evening company, sign in here.

Looking ahead, the Toronto Power Walkers, the midtown walking group, have invited us to a meet-up – either to share a couple of our long marathon training distances AND/OR to meet on Toronto Island for a walk August 25th. They're training for Washington, which is the week after Detroit. It would be great to strengthen our relationships in the powerwalking community. The idea is that we could meet in the west end for one walk then they could join us in the east for another. Dates to be determined. I think it's a great idea, for many reasons. What do you say?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Sat. for a 7am start on the 16km! Also....if you are at Tim's before me keep your eye out for two men who are going to show up and give walking a try with us. Bruce is a friend/ colleague of mine and Lynne's and his friend Guy have been considering walking for awhile and are ready to take the first step....so say hello!! Alexis

Anonymous said...

Laverne, As Debbie may be out of town, I will take up the offer of being picked up at Coxwell Station on Saturday. I believe we agreed on 6:45-6:50.

Thanking you in advance.
Sharon

P Dawn said...

I will be at TIm's on Saturday at 7.00, Will have to put in some kilometres in order to enjoy the food and drink and fun at the pool party afterwards.

Monday and Wednesday start time is 8.30 from Lou-Ann's. I believe we are supposed to be doing a tempo thing sometime too.

See you then.

Lou-Ann said...

I will see everyone at Tim's at 7:00 Saturday morning.

Barbara said...

I will be out tomorrow at 7:00. Not sure if I can manage 16km but will try! See you in the morning.

Stacey said...

I won't be at Tim's tomorrow morning, but will be doing the distance! Peggy and I start day 1 of Scotland's Borders Abbeys Way tomorrow - 23k on day one - and lots of hills. Enjoy the pool party everyone!

Anonymous said...

I need to do 16 kms tomorrow but wondered if anyone is interested in a 6:00 am start - just to avoid the heat? Could start at Tim's or at my place - whatever works.

if not.....oh well.....

Susan

Trish said...

Hope you all have a good walk and fun at the pool party. Sorry to be missing the fun. Had a great week aboard the QM2. Now am heading for Lakefield and Ottawa. See you all on the 23rd.

Ruth said...

I'll be at Tim's at 7.

Susan, I do understand the business about beating the heat, but I'm not so sure about starting at 6:00.

OK, Alexis - any guys who show up at Tim's, we'll grab. I guess we should ask who they are first, though.

Ruth

debbie said...

I'll be at Tim's at 7, will likely do around 10 k, but who knows, I might do more.

Really looking forward to your pool party, Lou-Ann!

Helen said...

Bob & I will be there at 7 am for 16-ish. As much as it's a route we've done many times, the boardwalk might be coolest. Perhaps adding the peanut, plus one K, TBD.

Helen said...

Bob & I walked with the Monday morning group, so won't be at Loblaws tonight -- have a good walk!

Olwyn said...

Sorry to have missed the Pool party; bet it was great fun! I'm hoping to walk from Shoppers tonight for the 6k; anyone else going?

Helen said...

Olwyn and friends, Bob & I went out for our 6K this morning so won't be at Shoppers tonight. Hope you get some company!

Olwyn said...

Thanks for letting me know, Helen; if I don't hear back from anyone by 5:30pm, I'll do a quick 6k from home.