Thursday 28 June 2012

Walks: Canada Day Weekend & Wed. July 4

Post-walk conversation and, of course, coffee
No matter which side of the border you come from, it's a very patriotic set of walks! As it's a long weekend, it's more important than ever that you let people know that you'll be out walking. Here are our times, distances and places:

Saturday at Tim's, starting at 7:30 am. One last chance to catch 30 extra winks, for 11K. (We'll be switching to 7 am, starting July 7th, for those going into full marathon training.)

Monday at Tim's 2 (Gerrard at Victoria Park), starting at 9:30 am. For those who prefer a morning walk on a long weekend. 8K.

Monday at Loblaws (or alternative location, TBD), at 7 pm. For those who are away for the weekend and can't walk in the morning. 8K.

Wednesday at Shoppers at 7 pm. Business as usual, for a 6K tempo walk. But we tip our hat to our independent American compadres.

Silly me. Somehow I missed wishing Dawn B. a happy birthday! Hope it was a happy one. Best birthday wishes also go out to Arlene and Cheryl. Have fun celebrations. And I'm going to wish my darling husband and I a happy 30th on the 30th. It seems like only yesterday!

19 comments:

Helen said...

Just adding that if anyone prefers to start at 7 am this Saturday instead of next, please say so. It's going to be hot.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Helen and Bob. Wow 30 years is quite an accomplishment. Way to go guys!
Cynthia

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out on Saturday morning, happy walking everyone! Also best wishes Helen & Bob on your 30th!
Trish, happy travels look forward to hearing about your trip when you return!

debbie said...

Helen and Bob, may you enjoy another 30 adventurous years together!

I'm fine for a 7:30 start this Saturday.

I'll be out Saturday as well as Monday morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Trish said...

I won't be out for the next while. Heading off for a cruise on the QM2. NY, Halifax, Boston, and back to NY. Two nights right in Times Sq. I have discovered that 3 times around the promenade deck is a mile.
Congrats to Helen and Bob!
Hope the heat wave breaks.
Happy trails everyone.

P Dawn said...

I just left a comment, but don't know where it is, so her it is again.

Congrats to Helen and Bob. Great going

Will be at Tim's tomorrow. 7.30 start to,e os fome fpr ,e/

Libby said...

Congrats to Helen and Bob- Hope you celebrate in style
Sharon- hope youare walking as i have your May proze from Lee Scott.
See you at 7:30 for 11

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday - regardless of the answers to either suggestion below:

Any interested in:
an earlier start (cooler) and/or
a longer distance

I'm open to either or both and will check back to see any responses.

Susan

Ruth said...

I'll be there at 7:30.

Congratulations, Helen and Bob - and thank you for sharing a bit of yourselves with us.

Ruth

Helen said...

Bob & I will be out at 7:30 for 11K.

On Monday, we'll be walking in the evening -- anyone else? If not, we'll just walk from home.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone. Happy Canada Day!

debbie said...

A few of us -Leverne, Charlotte, Debbie and possibly Dawn --are planning to walk Monday at 8:30 am rather than 9:30 am, from Tim's 2 --anyone care to join us at that time?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll come Monday at 8:30. See you then. Thanks for the heads up, Debbie.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I had planned to walk Monday evening but I will not be able to. Instead, I will be at Tim's 2 at 8:30.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Rainer and I will join those going at 8.30 as we would like to beat the heat!
Margy

Olwyn said...

I'll attempt to be at Tim's 2 on Monday morning at 8:30am (yawn!); see the early risers then! Olwyn
(if I'm not there by 8:30, don't wait for me!)

Helen said...

It's 4:30, and we've just hit bad traffic coming back to TO. Might not make it in time for 7 pm. Will check in as we get closer.

Helen said...

Looks like we will walk from home, whenever we get there. Give us a call if you want to join us.

Anonymous said...

Feeling hot, hot, hot! I don't mind a challenge but it is a tad too warm to be beating a path around the neighbourhood. I will just sit my bottom here at home. If the subway is hot and humid underground and if warm air rises, you can imagine the blast I got when I hit street level.

If you are going out, be very careful.

Sharon

Helen said...

Thinking of a walk, but down in the valley -- NOT tempo, and no major hills. Are you game?