Friday 22 June 2012

Walks: Sat-Wed, June 23-27

This makes me want to Spit! (Toronto humour)
Thank goodness the hot weather has broken for the Detroit full marathoners' 14K on Saturday. Those training with them (and any other interested souls) will start at 7:30 from Tim's. For those who are ready for a change, I've mapped a 14K route via the Don Valley through Cabbagetown and Rosedale. For those who prefer the same-old, 14K would take you to Warden via the boardwalk route.

Monday and Wednesday, the Detroit schedule has us doing only 6K and a 5K tempo. We'll take it, pending better offers.

Mark your calendars for the Shore Things Pot Luck Pool Party! Lou-Ann and Paul have again generously offered to host our motley crew – particularly generously, given the wedding that's coming soon. The date is Saturday, July 14th from 2 pm. Bring a chair, your refreshment of choice, a pot luck item to share and, of course, your bathing suit. RSVPs go to Lou-Ann. I'll post a separate private invitation with all the pertinent contact info.

Happy birthday to Greg! I'm glad you're sharing that milder weather you got for your gift!

We're also getting ready to say farewell to Maureen, who leaves us soon for the Capital Region. We'll miss you, kiddo.

And healing waves go out to all our injured Things, including Eileen, Charlotte, Barb S. and Val. And for all you teachers and administrators, here's to a smooth last week of school.

Happy summer!

13 comments:

Ruth said...

OK - 14K it is.

Is anyone interested in the Run for the Toad Training "Adventure", on Saturday, July 28th?

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday for a 14 km stroll.

Do we have an earlier start time for the summer, or still 8:00 am?

Ruth - my answer is "no"

Susan

P Dawn said...

Run for the Toad training - you must be joking!!!

i won't be out on Saturday (going to Chatham to the Buxton History Museum) and will probably be doing different times on Monday/Wednesday.

Not sure when you are leaving Maureen, but in case I don't see you, all the best for your resettlement and for the wedding

Helen said...

Susan, we've transitioned to a 7:30 am start for now. Probably will move to 7 am as we get into July.

We hope to be out on Saturday, although we might arrive a little late.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Saturday, but hope to be out Monday night; time to get back at it! Goodbye to Maureen and good luck if I don't see you before you go.

Trish said...

I am planning on being out Saturday - however not for the 14. More like 6 to 8. Got to get started again.

Trish said...

I am planning on being out Saturday - however not for the 14. More like 6 to 8. Got to get started again.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 7:30, see you then,
Sheila

Helen said...

It's a perfect night for a walk, but I feel totally wrung out after a day-long migraine. I'll assume that Bob will be out, but I have doubts about myself today.

Anonymous said...

Anyone going for a walk tonight?

Sharon

Helen said...

Hoping to be out, Sharon. Not sure about Bob. Jan's greeting home her wandering daughter.

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy your company, Helen and other walking partners, for that matter. I'll show up nonetheless.

Sharon

Helen said...

Sorry, Sharon. At the last minute, I had no ride, a flat tire on my bike, and no idea how to work the stupid pump. Once I actually found the stupid pump. See you Saturday?