Friday 27 July 2012

Walks: Sat-Wed, July 28 to Aug 1

Some of our morning walkers in Taylor Creek Park
On Saturday, Detroit marathoners: 16K. KW half: 11K. Those training for the Toad: 10K. For those looking for variation, I have a Rosedale-bound route that will take us along the Milkman Lane trail. Or, if we prefer, we can head along the boardwalk. Unless I hear loud screams, I suggest we shift our start to 6:30 am for the longest distance. Sign in and let your vote be counted. (Next Saturday will be 19K, when we might even prefer to start at 6. TBD)

Monday, Detroit full: 11K. KW Half and Toad: 8K. Mornings now seem to be the preferred time during this hot summer. As there's a fair difference between the two, do the 11K trainees want to start a half hour earlier, at 7:30 am? We can be quiet as mice before setting off from Lou-Ann's, to finish with the 8 am group at about the same time. Takers? And if anyone is still walking in the evenings, please sign in to rustle up company.

Wednesday, Detroit full: a mere 6K, and same for the KW Half. Toads: 8K. Those of us who fall into more than one category might choose the longer distance for 2012 Challenge reasons. Or, to celebrate the start of another month – August already!

12 comments:

debbie said...

I'm planning to do 11 km, so I think I'll stick with the 7 am start....unless others doing 11 km wish to do the 6:30 am start, in which case I'm flexible.

Helen said...

Debbie and friends, I was only suggesting the 6:30 start for the 16K group -- allowing us to finish roughly with those doing shorter distances, and actually have a coffee with you instead of saying hello-goodbye.

Anyone doing 11K or under, 7 am is likely early enough.

Jan said...

I wouldn't mind doing the 16k as I got way behind in the challenge this month - even if that means starting at (yikes) 6:30

Anonymous said...

I want to do the 16 km and so I'll come out for 6:30. It is supposed to rain shower in the morning. I think the keyword is "shower"; a downpour, not so much.

I'm game for an early start on Monday and that is because I have a meeting at 9:45 that morning.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

6:30 works for me 'cuz I'm being forced to do 16 km 'cuz I was forced to sign up for the full 'cuz ....

Susan

P Dawn said...

I didn't hear Susan screaming while being forced to do the Detroit full.....

So, I'm in for a 7 am start. Hope that will be okay with my driver.

Lou-Ann said...

Phew, or is it whew, I am game for a 7:00 start and a 11K walk, glad my front passenger is good with that too!

Ruth said...

Eeek. OK, 6:30 Saturday morning it is.

The route makes no difference to me, as I won't be awake enough to notice where we're walking.

Thanks, Dawn. I didn't hear any screaming from Susan either when she signed up for the Detroit full.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 7:00 with the phew/whew crowd for 11K.
Sheila

debbie said...

Change of plan: Bonnie is visiting, so we're going to sleep in a little and then do a walk together.

I'll see some of you at Lou-Ann's during the week!

Anonymous said...

7 am is good for us.
Rainer and Margy

Helen said...

Hope to be at Lou-Ann's for 6-8K on Wednesday morning at 8 am.