Monday 7 May 2012

Walks: Mon. to Sat., May 7 to 12

Powering in to the home stretch
Arlene and Elaine had a great day for the Toronto Half. With a 2:53 chip time, you had excellent results, gals. I hope there are pictures to commemorate your race! By the way, Lee Scott placed first among women with a pace of 6:37 and chip finish of 2:14. Wow. We also want to hear all about the 25th annual Bermuda 25K walk... and the sunny recuperation afterwards.

Monday and Wednesday, let's go for at least 8K. We always welcome route suggestions from the Shore Things, but if it's anything tricky, please let us know in advance so that no one gets lost.

Saturday, at least 10K for those who are training – but, always, your distance is your own choice. Same message as above about routes. Send in your suggestions, and I'll update the blog.

Detroit Marathoners, this is your last couple of weeks of easy walks. I'll be posting your schedule in the top right column of the blog soon.

Happy birthday, Janet V. Hope you'll be up for rejoining us soon.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Dang this rain forecast! If it looks like rain, Bob & I might just walk from home rather than TTCing to Loblaws on Monday. It's too far to go if no one shows.

Trish said...

I will be walking with the Bayview Bunch on Monday. Hoping the rain stays away.

Trish said...

I won't be out Wed night. If it is not raining I will be up at Scarborough Town Centre folk dancing with my school. Hope to see you Sat.

P Dawn said...

I'll be out Saturday, I hope.

Helen said...

Rain, you are making me crazy. Looks like I won't be at Shoppers on Wednesday evening, due to lack of transport (forgot that Bob is working tonight). I'll walk locally, so perhaps will see you on the street.

Lou-Ann said...

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday...looks like nice weather for our walk!

debbie said...

I'll be out Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I hope to walk tonight from Loblaws....assuming traffic gets me home at a reasonable hour. Will anyone else be out?

Susan