Monday 14 May 2012

Walks: Mon to Sat, May 14 to 19

Norma and David at the 2012 SportingLife
Congratulations to all the Sporting Life 10K finishers. Norma and David both had personal bests, with Norma walking the race in a handful of seconds over 1:16. Ruth and Arlene finished in 1:14 and Libby in 1:19. Great times! You guys are amazing.

Detroit Marathoners, I have posted your schedule on the blog. You should be able to view it, but let me know if you have trouble.

Monday and Wednesday, let's try for 8K. There's a big group going to War Horse on Wednesday, so please sign in if you're walking instead.

Saturday will be in the 10K zone. The schedule for our marathoners doesn't tick up for a couple of weeks yet. You might want to go more or less. Please always listen to your own body.

It was good to see our injured friends on Saturday. Charlotte, Cynthia, Val and Barb, please take care of yourselves and heal quickly!

To that subject, Norma has sent along this article from the Globe & Mail about bone meds. Clicking on the image should make it legible. Or you can download to your desktop.

Get out your sun screen and Body Glide and enjoy this fine weather.


14 comments:

Helen said...

Reposted, on behalf of Susan:

Hi - I hope to walk tonight from Loblaws....assuming traffic gets me home at a reasonable hour. Will anyone else be out?

Susan

Helen said...

I'm hoping to be there, Susan.

Libby said...

Congrats to Norma and David of their PB's. We didn't even see them with a crowd of 25,000! Just a correction on chip times- Ruth and Arlene blazed in at 1:11:21- PB for Arlene (she wasn't held back by me!). My chip time was 1:16:35 (5 sec short of a PB). Arlene is now in Portugal celebrating and Ruth and I will walk with the Bayview crowd tonight at 6. Cheers

P Dawn said...

I am planning to be at TIm's on Saturday morning, but not doing the Monday and Wednesday evenings.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Ruth, Arlene and Libby for great times! It was a fun race to do and so happy the rain held out...
Norma

Olwyn said...

Congrats to everyone! BTW, I think that War horse is on Tuesday night; not Wednesday; Tuesday May 15. Hope to be back out again in a few weeks when the opera season is over!

Helen said...

Yep. I was wrong about Wednesday -- War Horse is on Tuesday. Can you tell I'm a little frazzled this week? Sorry for the confusion.

Jan said...

I plan to be out - I've been in the basement all day and need to see sun

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out Saturday and wonder if any of the walking wounded will be there? Cynthia

Trish said...

I won't be out tonight. Cynthia - are you going to walk Saturday?

Maureen said...

Sharon not walking tonight, wondering if anyone else plans on being at Shoppers.

Helen said...

Maureen, I'm hoping to be there on Wednesday.

Maureen said...

Helen, hubby needs vehicle to get battery for his car. Will do my walk from home. Won't be out Saturday, have a great weekend everyone.

Jan said...

Globe and Mail Life Section page L4 quotes "Toronto Gardens" blog today (Fri May 18) - assigns quotes to Sarah B but since they both write the blog probably quotes from each/both