Monday 30 April 2012

Walks: Mon to Sat, Apr 30 to May 5

Jan provides a public service
Between Hot Docs, gardening and the little problems life tosses in our path, this post is a few days off schedule. However, it has given me time to include a bon voyage to our Bermuda group. Have a great trip and a fun walk.

Plus, congratulations to the Chocolate Race 16K gang, who finished the race with chocolate and brownies. Trish writes that they had a time improvement over the Midsummer Night 15K (perhaps all Eileen's whip-cracking?). But it was a very small field, with no other walkers, and while it was a good race they're not sure they'd do it again. Thanks for the report, Trish!

For anyone doing the Toronto Women's Half or the Whitby Half, the distances this week should be 8K, 11K and 16K.

Tonight's rain, Hot Docs and the Bermuda departures might thin the Monday group considerably. Please sign in to tell people if you'll be there – otherwise, people might make a trip for nothin. That's what the blog is for.

2012 Challengers get your April totals in. Tomorrow, we begin a whole new month.

Belated birthday wishes to Lynne and Happy Birthday to Cynthia. Have a springy day!


11 comments:

Helen said...

Jan's at Hot Docs on Monday, so (particularly if it's raining) Bob and I will probably walk locally rather than tripping to Loblaws. Have a good walk. Hope to see you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I do plan on walking tonight depending on how much it rains. I will be walking this morning and I am/was counting on an evening walk to meet my monthly quota.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I am also at hot docs tonight and wednesday so won't be out until saturday. Have a good week everyone and a great time in Bermuda for all those lucky people.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, I'm not walking when the weather is like this, and I have a doc on wednesday. best wishes to the bermuda walkers, enjoy the sunshine. see you on Saturday
Leverne

Jan said...

I should be out tonight - depends on the weather. We have only 1 doc left tomorrow (thank goodness!-getting doc-ed out though we've seen some excellent ones)

Helen said...

See you Wednesday, I hope. Is there bad weather on the way?

Anonymous said...

Maureen and I will be out for the Wednesday walk, weather permitting.

Sharon

Helen said...

The sound of thunder is telling us to give Wednesday a pass. Hope to see everyone on Saturday. (This rain has a rotten sense of timing!)

Jan said...

OK I'm wimping out - between the thunder and the rain I'm going to give it a miss tonight

Helen said...

After being scared away by the rain, the clouds ran away. So Bob and I went out after dinner and did nearly 8K. Crazy weather!

Trish said...

I won't be out Sat morning. I have to go to school. Taking what is hopefully my last course. At OISE from 8:30 til 1. Have a good walk.