Friday 16 March 2012

Walks: Saturday to Wednesday, March 17 to 21

Not so long ago, at a boardwalk near you
I believe the only ones whose training schedule has kicked in is the Bermuda group -- and I don't have a copy of it. So, Dawn, can you announce your distances?

Everyone else, let's make the most of this glorious weather, predicted to last well into next week. At least 10K on Saturday for those doing the 2012 Challenge – though your own mileage might be more or less.

Monday and Wednesday, we've been aiming for 8K or thereabouts.

Dawn has asked to to clear up a point about payment for the post-race brunch on April 1st: Please bring your $17 per person in cash for Dawn on the day of the race. Only the $5 per person for the race medals goes to Charlotte. Sorry for the confusion!

FYI, there is a Half Marathon Walk division for the WIN Whitby Half on May 27th, and we have a separate route along the lakeshore. This might be good (prettier than big roads) or bad (possibly busy). Still, it's a nearby spring half that we haven't done before. Sign up before the 28th of this month to avoid the next price increase.


Happy birthday to Ian! May the sun continue to shine for you.

14 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

See you in the morning at Tim's.

P Dawn said...

I'll be at TIm's tomorrow morning. Can't believe that picture of Helen's taken so recently!! Weather tomorrow may even be cons=ducive to the SPIT!

Bermuda M2E people are using the generic half marathon training schedule and that means 10k on Saturday, and 6k and 8k on Monday and Wednesday.

If you are interested in doing an earlier than 7.00 pm on those two days, please contact me,Dawn. Not sure of the times yet, but if I know you are interested.........

debbie said...

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow.It's going to be a gorgeous day!

Anonymous said...

it's raining... sorry, but I won't be out, I'll walk later when it's dry or tomorrow
Leverne

Trish said...

Eating breakfast. See you soon.

Trish said...

Eating breakfast. See you soon.

debbie said...

So much for "it's going to be gorgeous", But I think it's mostly just damp from the fog, so I'll be out.

Helen said...

Bob and I won't be out this morning after all. Have a good walk!

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking tonight from Loblaws? I can be there and would love company.

Susan

Jan said...

I plan on coming out tonight - see you there.

Helen said...

Planning to be there on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Count me in. Just getting ready.

Sharon

Jan said...

What the heck do I wear?????

Helen said...

What crazy weather. I have to remind myself it's March! Hope to be out Wednesday evening, unless something unusual comes up. See you 7ish.