Friday 9 March 2012

Walks: Sat. to Wed., March 10 to 14

A little bit of Taiwanese spring for you
We have a nippy forecast for Saturday. However, I've heard some say they'd like to get as much distance in as possible. I've even heard the number 14 bandied about. Let's just say, join us for at least 10K (or more, or less) at 8 am. We can take a straw poll when we meet.

The same goes for Monday and Wednesday. 8K will be the standard, but we can opt up or down. Soon, we'll be getting into real training season, with distances determined by our respective schedules.

Happy birthday, Mary! Hope you're having a fabulous day.

Note that the KW Walking Classic has been nominated for the Readers Choice Awards for The Best Walker Friendly Half Marathon Race at About.com. They need votes – and you know we're big fans because they certainly deserve them! You can vote daily until March 21st. Here's the link:




Also, race organizer Ian Barron of the WIN Whitby Marathon (May 27th) has written us to encourage walkers to enter his race. This is a race I'd planned to train for. Rainer has been in conversation with Ian about this, so ask him for more over coffee.

That's it for now. Let me know what I've forgotten.

22 comments:

Ruth said...

Between Dawn posting pictures from Bermuda and Helen posting pictures from Taiwan, Toronto is seeming boring.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning.

Eileen said...

I plan to be out Saturday - minimum 10km but would like to try for more.

Eileen said...

I plan to be out Saturday - minimum 10km but would like to try for more.

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 8.00. Just a reminder to the Bermuda MTE goers, Saturday is meanti to be an 11k for us. I knew that one day we'd have to start going further.

Trish said...

I will be out Sat. I optimistically opt for 11+. I would also like to up the weekday distances a bit. Just saying......

Trish said...

I will be out Sat. I optimistically opt for 11+. I would also like to up the weekday distances a bit. Just saying......

Anonymous said...

I will be out on Monday evening. Will I be walking by my lonesome?

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'll join you Sharon on Monday night. Looking forward to walking in the light!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I cannot make it tonight (sorry Lynne, I tried!)

See you next time,
Sheila

Helen said...

If it isn't pouring Monday night, Bob and I would like to join you. Will check the weather closer to the time.

Anonymous said...

Was going to come out tonight....but it is raining now. I will check again in an hour, if still raining I'll give it a miss.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Alas, I have outstanding tasks that need to be addressed. Weekends are just not long enough. I will see whoever on Wednesday.

Sharon

Helen said...

If no one is going to Loblaws tonight/Monday, we might walk locally. Will check in at 6:30.

Anonymous said...

I'll go Helen.....see you there?

Susan

Helen said...

Okay, Susan, we'll be there. H.

Anonymous said...

good
s

Jan said...

anybody walking tomorrow night (Wednesday) at usual time?

Anonymous said...

Unless I can think of a good excuse... I plan to be out tonight, usual time usual place.

Anonymous said...

That would be Lynne.

Helen said...

Hoping to be out Wednesday night. Will try not to sneeze on anyone.

Jan said...

Oh no Helen - does that mean you caught Bob's cold??

Helen said...

On second thoughts, I'm staying home on Wednesday to nurse the cold Bob gave me. He, however, will be walking among you.