Thursday 2 February 2012

Saturday, Feb. 4 to Wednesday, Feb. 8

Looking like a team at the Robbie Burns 8K
We'll continue our plan of 10K on Saturday and 8K on each of Monday and Wednesday. However, individuals are adjusting their distances, so please declare how far you want to go. Also, sign in to invite others to any alternative times/places. We've successfully put one month of the 2012 Challenge behind us.

The Shore Things had a small but strong showing at the Robbie Burns -- and very walkable weather for it. Bob took first male overall, and Rainer placed first in his age category. Well done, guys! And how good we all looked in those jackets.

At least three hardy souls (that's six soles, for those counting) have signed up for another full marathon, Detroit. You rock, gals! The big bunch doing the half in Detroit will be there to cheer you in.

One of them is birthday girl Barbara B. Hope you have a B-ootiful day!

Lastly, it's time to confirm your interest in doing the Shore Things 10K on April 1, so we can assess numbers and order medals. We'll be doing it on the Spit again this year, but race marshalls Rainer and Margy are cooking up plans to keep it interesting. Let's hear those ayes!

18 comments:

Helen said...

Of course, I forgot to mention that Wednesday is a Doc Soup night. Doc Soupers might need to reschedule their 8K to compensate for the lost walk. And non-Soupers should declare their presence Wednesday, to be sure there'll be company.

Jan said...

Count me in for the April 1 - I'll email Dawn also.

I'll be out Saturday for the usual

Eileen said...

Congratulations to the ST Guys! Fabulous race you both did. Everyone looks sooooo cool in the new jackets.

I'll be doing the ST Race on April 1st too.

Plan to be out Saturday.

P Dawn said...

Happy Birthday, Barbara.

I'll be at tIm's on Saturday morning for whatever distance. Bermuda M2e, we start our training schedule (legally) this week, but probably don't need to panic as the distances are 5, 3, 5 k, I'll try to remember to let you know distances as they incease (about the end of the month.

A few of us including a baby, will be walking form my house at 2.30 on Monday and don't know what time on Wednesday.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be at Tim's on Saturday. This year I am volunteering at the ST, so Rainer and Margy find a job for me the day of the race please. Paul will be joining us for breakfast, if there is space.

Trish said...

Count me in for April 1.

I'll be out Saturday.

Monday night - there is a group walking from my place at Bayview and Eglinton at 6pm. Let me know if you would like to join us.

I plan also to be out Wed.

Ruth said...

Count me in for April 1 as well.

Congratulations Rainer and Bob (and Helen for a great photo).

I'll be out on Saturday. Only 157K more to go for February!!

Ruth said...

Count me in for April 1 as well.

Congratulations Rainer and Bob (and Helen for a great photo).

I'll be out on Saturday. Only 157K more to go for February!!

Anonymous said...

Denise, Mary and I are good for Saturday and for the April 1st ShoreThings walk...it will be Mary's first "official" race...Alisa

Trish said...

I'm sleeping in Sat morn. Will walk from home a bit later. I'm ahead of you Ruth. I have 156k to go!

debbie said...

I'll be out Saturday for 7 or 10 km, whatever the mood takes me!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Count me in for April 1st please! And yes....I did indeed just register for Detroit Marathon! What the heck is that "Competitive" word doing with the walking category? Alexis

Anonymous said...

Detroiters, in case regular email misses you, book soon at Holiday Inn Express Downtown Detroit. Rooms going fast at $149 per night. (313) 887-7000 and say it's for the Free Press Marathon.

Bob

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Barbara, hope you have a good day.
I will not be out tonight as I have an evening work appointment....and won't be out on Wed as it is a Hot Docs night. See everyone on Saturday.
Lynne

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight (Monday that is)

Jan said...

Just tried to book Sept 22 at the Waterloo but they're fully booked - I'm on the waiting list. On to Plan B whatever that is....

Anonymous said...

A fun Valentine race Sunday Feb 12 in Whitby called 'Chocolate and Champage' a 5km race. Finisher medal is chocolate and a glass of champagne as well after. Will be fun.

Don't forget to sign up for the April 1 Shore Things race as well.... we are going to have a great day and a great meal afterwards.....
Rainer & Margy

Anonymous said...

Anyone planning to be at Shoppers tonight?
alexis