Thursday 26 January 2012

Saturday to Wednesday, Jan. 28 to Feb. 1

Another street, another mural!
Saturday may be windy and possibly wet, so we'll try to choose a sheltered route for our 10K. Trish favours one like this one that snakes through local streets. Print up a copy if you can.

Monday and Wednesday (our first walk of February), we'll aim for 8K, one eye on the weather.

I'm told we should have our jackets by Friday, so we'll have them at Tim's. The Robbie Burns 8K racers on Sunday will be able to sport them at our first race. Best of luck to us all!

Registration is now open for the Midsummer Night's 15K, earlybird rates till March 31st and an extra $6 off if you register before the end of February, with the special code. Let me know if you didn't get that email. Please let Dawn know any races you have registered for... or are thinking of registering for.

Arlene has your nibbles about Wow training, and will be following up with Lee for details on dates and pricing. You can still contact Arlene with your interest. Just look at our speedy Lee alumni to judge whether it's a worthwhile use of your time and money.

For those of us doing Lee's 2012 Challenge, remember email your first month's mileage in to 2012in2012 [at] wowpowerwalking [dot] com before midnight on Wednesday (Feb. 1) to qualify for this month's draw. That cunningly disguised email address is meant to fool the harvestbots.

Happy birthday to Elaine! Have a lovely celebration.

14 comments:

Eileen said...

I'll be out Saturday - planning to do 12k if anyone else is interested (end of the month cramming :))

Helen said...

At least three of us Robbie Burnsers plan to be out for 10K on Saturday, as well as Sunday's race... cramming, as Eileen says. See you at 8ish.

P Dawn said...

I will be at ti's tomorrow morning. I'm getting a ride with Lou_ann, but if she's okwith it (and the weather permits) I'll do 12 with yu, Eileen.

For the Bermuda M2E, our training schedule starts the week of the 4th February. Fortunately, only small amounts to start with. I'm using the generic training schedule.

Trish said...

I will be out Saturday morning. I am even counting the extra .2 to get to my ride!.32k to go. Walked 6.6 today to get tea and never did get the tea. Wonder how fr I would go for the promise of chocolate or a beer.
I will join the 12 group.

Lou-Ann said...

I am at Tim's for 8:00, with Dawn in tow...not sure if I am doing 12 but will see in the morning.

Helen said...

The jackets are heeeeeeeeere! And they look fabulous. See you on Saturday!

Libby said...

Best of luck to the Robbie Burns crowd!

Olwyn said...

Sorry I missed this morning's walk; I had to be out early in Pickering for Dad. Helen, may I pop by this week to pick up the newly embroidered jacket and hat?
Best of luck to the Robbie Burnsers!

Trish said...

8k and this time I got my cup of tea. Gold and Glitter from David's.
There is a group of us walking Monday night from my place (Bayview and Eglinton) at 6pm. Let me know if you would like to join us. Usually about 8.4k.
Will see you at Shoppers on Wed.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Loblaws tonight. Hope to see some of you there.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I'll be there this evening.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Alisa and I will be at Shoppers tonight.

Helen said...

Hope to see everyone on Wednesday night. If the weather holds out, maybe we can add a K or two to our totals. TBD

Eileen said...

I've changed my mind and will be walking later on Saturday