Friday 20 January 2012

Walks: Saturday to Wednesday, Jan. 21 to 25

No news on our jackets yet, but they'll look fabulous. Like us!
Okay, I'm late. But hope you'll sign in for our Saturday 10K (or the distance of your choosing) and our Monday and Wednesday 8K, weather permitting.

Margy and Rainer give the Bermuda race two thumbs up! They're even talking about making it a Shore Things event for 2013. We'll hear more about it (and perhaps see pictures) soon.

For those headed to Detroit this October, note that a "non-refundable" train ticket is pretty half the price of one with more flexibility. We booked a return ticket for about $100 per person. Check it out.

A message from Arlene about Wow training in 2012 – contact me if you don't have Arlene's email:
Hi Shore Things,
Are you interested in additional training sessions this spring? Lee Scott of WOW Power Walking  has agreed to conduct special sessions for us during late March and early April. She suggests a 4 week course but single sessions and a 6 week course are possibilities. Week nights are flexible but Saturday afternoons rather than mornings are preferable due to Lee's coaching schedule. She is an excellent coach for all walking levels and will adapt her course to meet your needs. Cost is usually determined by the number of class participants.

Please email me directly if you're interested. As well, how many sessions would you like and what walking techniques would you like emphasized?
Next weekend is the Robbie Burns 8K, so perhaps the participants can talk about transportation.

And I think that might just be everything! See you tomorrow.

15 comments:

Olwyn said...

Thanks Helen, for all of the updates! I'm planning to be at Tim's 1 in the morning for a 10k; see everyone then!

debbie said...

Yes, thanks as always, Helen, for tracking all those updates and keeping us all in the loop!

I'll be at Tim's Saturday for 10k; the forecast is promising some sunshine!

Lou-Ann said...

I will be at Tim's in the morning and so will Dawn as I will be picking her up, so no bailing out Dawn! See everyone tomorrow.

Trish said...

I plan to be at Tim's in the morning and Shopper's on Wed. Doing a vegetarian Indian cooking class on Monday.

Jan said...

I plan to be out tonight and Wednesday - need the mileage! Weather permitting of course.

Helen said...

If the rain has passed, I'll be out to splash in the puddles on Monday. See you 7ish.

Anonymous said...

I just got in and It's raining right this minute (5:32 p.m.) Maureen and I will see everyone on Wednesday, weather permitting.

Sharon

Helen said...

I'm crossing my fingers that the worst of the rainclouds will have passed over by 7 pm. Anyone else willing to weather less than a mm of rain?

Helen said...

Maybe we could have a slightly later start -- 7:15? The radar map has the rain pretty much over with by then. Takers?

Jan said...

I'm still willing as long as it doesn't start to pour

Barbara said...

I will not be at Shoppers tonight as I have meetings in Mississauga all afternoon. See you all on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I will also not be out tonight as I have an evening appointment. See everyone on Saturday.

Lynne

Trish said...

Trish, Eva and Eileen are planning on walking tonight. However Eileen is running a bit late, so we are going by her place to get her. If we are not there, just give us two minutes. Then if we aren't there, go ahead as we will have company. Happy trails.

Jan said...

I'm on my way....

Helen said...

Looking forward to the Wednesday walk.