Sunday 4 December 2011

Walks: Week of Dec. 5 to 11

Stacey welcomes Brette back to the fold
After being blessed with the weather on Saturday, it looks like we'll have a few damp days, Monday included. Let's see what it's like closer to the event. Sign in if you're coming on Monday. Our weeknight distances are 6-8 K. Most evenings, we keep it short.

Wednesday is a Doc Soup night for many. Those coming for a walk, please say so. All we need is one other person for company – it's a shame not to come out just because you think no one will be there.

Saturday, weather permitting, it will be 8-10K along the Boardwalk under the winter sun.

We wish Karin a happy birthday. Looks like you're getting the whole family into the act! Hope they treat you like a walking queen on your day.

On Dec. 17 & 18, our Disney trainees will be doing back-to-back Saturday/Sunday distances, approaching a half marathon one day and a full marathon the next. We'd like to get out to support them – either keeping them company on part of the route, as we did for Eva a few years ago, or stopping along the route with food and/or water. Let me know if you're interested, and we'll organize a posse.

10 comments:

P Dawn said...

Good luck to the Goofy Girls. I admire your fortitude and determination, and training and everything else that goes into an undertaking like that.

I won't be seeing most of you this week. Will be walking early on Monday and Wednesday and going to see Dr Seuss on Saturday morning.

Happy birthday to Karin.

Stacey said...

As usual, I won't likely be out during the week, but we (apparently Peggy is coming!) will be out on Saturday. I would love to go out and cheer on the Goofy Girls - I won't be able to walk with them because I can't keep up, but I will be happy to offer snacks, water, cheering, etc. along the route.

Happy birthday, Karin!

Olwyn said...

I won't be out this week; taking a week off, and heading to the Falls for a few days. Have a great week, all!

debbie said...

I'm away in Rhode Island all this week with my brother, spending some quality time together, so will miss all the weekday and Saturday walks. But I'll be walking here!

I'd love to TRY to keep up with the Goofy gang on Saturday, Dec.17at least for part of their route. Libby, Ruth and Arlene, I cannot believe you are doing this TWICE --during training and for real. OMG! You are incredible! Kudos all round!

See you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Working a little late tonight & most likely won't be home in time to walk. Enjoy your evening stroll.

Susan

Jan said...

Rainy days and Mondays...got the Monday blues. If the weather improves I'll be out but if it stays like it is now I think I'll hunker down and stay home. I'll check in later today.

Helen said...

The hourly forecast predicts the rain and wind will pick up slightly at around walk time -- so I think I'll stay home on Monday night.

Wednesday, I'll be at Doc Soup. Hope you have a good walk!

See you on Saturday!

Maureen said...

Sounds like a good night to stay in with a hot cup of tea and a good read. Sharon and I will be doing the early walk on Wednesday. See everyone on Saturday.

Eileen said...

I'd like to walk tonight (Wed) - is anyone else going??

Eileen said...

Sorry folks, it looks like I have to stay a little late tonight at work. I plan to be out Saturday morning as usual.