Sunday 27 November 2011

Walks: Week of Nov. 28-Dec. 4

Debbie brightening up Lakeshore Ave.
This is the first week we'll have one reminder post only. So please check back to sign in for each day's walk. If you visit the blog, you'll see that I'm gradually making changes, moving information from the front page sidebars into separate tabs. They look like headings in the top bar. Eventually, I'll have one for our route maps, &c. It should make information easier to find.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be putting our week's distances in a box on the blog, rather than in the message. This will I hope make the messages less cluttered. But, as I haven't had the chance to do that this week, here they are:

Monday: 6-8K
Wednesday: 6-8K
Saturday: 8-10K (See you in December!)


The Disney crew quietly did (or were scheduled to do) a 16K and a 37K walk over Saturday and Sunday. I'm curious to know how that went (hope it went well!) – as they're following a new kind of schedule. Anyone thinking of a marathon in 2012 might want to hear about it.

Susan shares this interesting trail race link for our consideration: http://thelimberlostchallenge.com/

And to Margy and Rainer, we wish you a blast in Vegas.

15 comments:

Helen said...

Hoping to see everyone on Monday night at 7.

debbie said...

Helen, thank you for all the time and energy and thinking you are putting into our blog (not that it's not fabulous already!).

Susan and everyone --I checked out the Limberlost trail race and it's AMAZING! The name alone makes doing it worthwhile! I'm thinking of registering for the 14 km race.

If you check out the photos from past races --specifically the 2010 Racedayrush course photos --you'll see it is much more of a "trail" than the Toad was.

Also, the Twitter comments on the side mentioned that there was a 14 km practice run sometime in June, about a month before the actual July race.

Meantime, I'll be out walking with the Monday pm gang, might be out Wednesday evening, and for sure Saturday at Tim's.

Have a good week, everyone!

P Dawn said...

I checked the Limberlost forest site and what a stunning trail it is. And we cab di ibkt ibe kiio uf we wish. So, I would consider the 14k as a possibility.

Won't be out Monday or Wednesday evenings, but will be at Tim's on Saturday.

Thanks Helen, for all the hard work you are doing, and are continuing to do, on the blog.

Maureen said...

Just briefly looked at the Limberlost Forest site, will take a closer look later, but I am interested. Helen, thanks for all the work you do to keep us well informed with this blog.

Doing the earlier walk today, may be out Wednesday night, plan on walking Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight (Monday) but plan to be out on Wednesday night and Saturday morning. And a thank you to Helen for all you do for the blog, and for us all!

Anonymous said...

If it's not pouring at 7, I'll be there.
Sheila

Jan said...

Ditto Sheila's response

Anonymous said...

Helen, where would we be without you, thanks for keeping us informed and organized. I won't be out on Monday, still not feeling well... I'll see how I feel on Wednesday.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Monday night; see Jan & Sheila there and maybe you too?

Susan

Libby said...

The Disney crew did back to back walks (16K and 36.13K) this weekend and now this Disney crew is suffering both blisters and a cold! We all agree marathon training is a real chore after visiting the hightlights of Mimico on foot in the rain! (we left from Tim's). Short walk planned for Saturday and we will join you for coffee!Best of luck to Margy and Rainer in Vegas.
Love the new Blog look. Thanks Helen.

Maureen said...

I was hoping to walk tonight. Sharon not able to make it. Is anyone else walking from Shoppers?
I'll check the blog before leaving at 6:30.

Eileen said...

Now that the snow has stopped falling, it's safe to commit to a walk tonight . I'll be at Shoppers at the usual time

Maureen said...

I'll be there at 7.

Helen said...

Hope to be there at 7, too. Brrrrrrr.

Helen said...

I forgot to turn the page on the calendar, so missed wishing Barb S a happy birthday. Hope you see this, Barb, and enjoy your day.

See everyone out on Saturday for 8K or so. Stay dry!